Race Reports/Encouragement/Kudos - 3 and 4 November

Big Vic

DIS Veteran
Saturday, 3 Nov

3 - KippWade(Kipp), RunRookie (Rick) Indianapolis Monumental Half Marathon, IN
3 - McDuck (Jennie) Freedom Run, New Orleans, LA

Sunday, 4 Nov

4 - jmasgat (Maura), New York Marathon, New York City, NY - Event Canceled.

:jumping1: GO! WISH Team GO! :jumping1:

I have a 5k zombie obstacle on sunday. I am little scared. Its my first race ever and it is a mudder type course and it is expected to be in the high 40s. I am going to be wet and slimy and freezing! What have I gotten myself into????? :faint::rotfl:

Run strong, WISHers!

Sadly, my injuries caused me to back out of NYC marathon. Would have faced the decision of whether to go or not--a tough one given the current circumstances.

Maura

Maura, It's not often that an injury could be looked at as a blessing. No way would I want to have decide on running or throwing out my fee.

I think I would have punted last week just based on living through numerous hurricanes and even more tropical events. There is no way the RD should hold this race this weekend. There are too many folks still suffering, too much infrastucture down and the NYRCC and City really should have donated the food and water. After looking at Staten island vids this AM, I am not sure that I would feel safe catching transportation to the start. These folks really need a few thousand hands to help clear streets and yards and to help put things back in order. They do not need thousands of runners leaving heaps of trash and peeing on the streets.

ADDED___ Thankfully the NYRCC and City have gained a little common sense and canceled the race.

For me this weekend is the First Annual Formula Run - a 5.5k on the purpose built Circuit of the Americas. Hoping for a nice run in the AM

I never knew about these cheering threads!! Excited about my second race! :) They're addictive.

For me this weekend is the First Annual Formula Run - a 5.5k on the purpose built Circuit of the Americas. Hoping for a nice run in the AM

Shoot, wish I knew about this before tonight. I would love to run on the track.

Formula Run this AM. Not sure how F1 measures reach tracks but my Garmin only got to 3.3 miles of the 3.4 mile track. Usually it is the other way where the Garmin goes a little long.

Not a stellar performance on my part nor RunTex's; though I think they were hamstrung by the track. The race started 35 minutes late and in the fog. Really glad for the fog as the first quarter mile was a 100 foot incline up to a near 180 degree left turn. I would love to say it was all down hill from there but not so much. Because we are 2 weeks before the inaugural F1 race, the RD was limited by the track owner on many things. Only one water stop, no timing on track and very limited use of the pit facilities. Runner’s were only allowed one visitor to the track and they had to be wrist banded. They had no access to the stands.

As with most large construction projects, there are still hundreds of workers in the area completing stands and other facilities. Aerosmith will be there next weekend in the really nice concert pavilion that is part of the complex.

The race was not unlike most 5k’s as there were more than enough folks in the front who should have been in the back at the start. Seems like every corner and hill there were hundreds of folks pulling off to the side and taking photos of the facility. It was Disneyesque; seriously. The other really close tie to the mouse was this is the most expensive fun run I have entered and it provided no timing. So getting past the delayed start, a slight lack of facilities and no timing, this was a fun run

Myself and a fellow WISHer, KippWade, ran the Indianapolis Monumental Half Marathon last Saturday. It was a great race, very cold, wet (even sleet) but he and I both finished the race, with Kipp coming in with an 11-minute PR!

He and I have race reports on the experience. Mine is on my blog (and I have a link to his within my own report).

Definitely a nice race and I would recommend it! (It has historically had much milder weather. I guess we were just lucky this year.)

WTG, Rick! How wonderful of you to pace someone for the entire half marathon! I think it can take a lot to "check one's ego at the door" and not to race (well....it's probably just me!) He was lucky to have you as a pacer.

Maura

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter