R2D2 Cake?

Icecoldpenguin

May the Force Be With You
So I may cancel our dessert party. The lady I am working with is being IMO flaky and with the wedding being 5 months away and with me not being there I need someone more concrete. I am still deciding on this but if I decide to cancel it then I need to have some sort of dessert other than cheesecake at the reception. Is there anything wrong with not having a tiered cake like most brides have. I would like either an R2D2 shaped cake maybe just his top half so it is the same amount as a 3 tiered cake. Then maybe having 5 or 6 dozen chocolate covered strawberries or another option would be to have a strawberry shaped cake with 2 or 3 littler strawberries and some vines to make a strawberry field (beatles) it would be enough cake to serve everyone. what do you think? I only really like red velvet cake although it's tasty too has funfetti which I like.

Teresa

It's your wedding. Do what you want for your day. While it's not what I would choose for myself, R2D2 and Strawberry Fields cakes would be awesome.

As far as your dessert party, keep in mind that they have other clients to deal with whose events precede yours by date. You will be given more focused attention within the next couple of months. If you're not satisfied with that answer, consider asking for another project manager. Or, as you suggested, ditch the whole idea. Gotta say, though, I've attended at Epcot dessert party and had my own at the Grand Fla, and I'm doing it again in ten years.

I love the idea of a cake that speaks to yours and greg's personalities...if you do decide to cancel the dessert party I think something like the cakes you describe are awesome...especially r2d2...plus I love red velvet cake so I think that sounds super tasty!!

I think a dessert party would still be amazing, maybe express your concern to the planner before totally giving up on the idea?

i just want to second not getting to overwhelmed by the lack of attention at the point in planning you are at? it is completely counter intuitive and opposite of everything i read and thought i understood about wedding planning, but with the amount of stuff they do there, the machine that is disney event planning/DFTW does actually lumber along and get things done. even when it is annoyingly vague and it seems difficult to trust what they say and commit your guests to something (that you need to put in an invite for example). not that they don’t screw things up on occasion or that you shouldn’t trust your gut...:thumbsup2

just an update:

I got in touch with her again and her boss sent me the information with payment info and all that. I called her with a few questions which she answered and we talked for a few minutes. She apologized for not doing what she said she would do and she also apologized for being so non communicative. She said the sky seemed to be falling this week. So we talked a little more and I feel more confident now. The menu she gave me included chocolate fondue and mini pastries...I am super excited about the fondue...anyone know what mini pastries are? anyone else had mini pastries on their menu?

Teresa

Mini pastries are usually things like tiny eclairs, fruit tarts, pecan pies, etc. Your planner can find out from the chef exactly which kinds are usually included.

256.jpg

I like the idea of them, but in my experience Epcot's don't translate well at smaller sizes—for example, not enough filling in the mini pecan pies or eclairs to keep them from being dry. But they sure look cute!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter