R.V. Parking at Boardwalk

Grumpy&Goofy

Earning My Ears
We are making our first trip home in July, 2002, and were wondering if there is parking available at the Boardwalk for a 24' motorhome or would we have to park somewhere else. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

My suggestion would be to call the BWV front desk and find out what options might be available. As I recall, there isn't any RV parking generally availble at BWV (likewise with most if not all of the DVC resorts). However, I have seen small RV's parked from time to time at OKW (and 24' might be small enough - hard to say though).

Usually I think they ask you to park at Fort Wilderness (in the parking lot they have) or I think at Port Orleans (and then take the bus back over to BWV).

We have taken our 20-foot RV to the Boardwalk, pulled up at the front door, unloaded our stuff, and the valet parked the RV. It was put in the lot farthest from the resort, out by the main road toward the tennis courts.

I have seen RVs parked at BWV on several occasions. As KMarie said they are usually parked in the far parking lot. Enjoy!:)

We have a 27' Winnebago and we occasionally drive to Disney if we go on short notice and can't get good air fares. When we are staying at BWV, we drive up, unload, and then I park in the lot to the right of the entrance (right, that is, if you are looking from Boardwalk toward the entrance/exit booth). You will see taxi cabs parked in this area. I have never used valet parking to park my motorhome, so I can't comment on this service. I've parked there on at least three occasions, for a week at a time, and have never had a problem. I will be doing this in July. I have also parked in front of our room at OKW several times without a problem. I've frequently seen motorhomes parked in the lot for the Beach/Yacht Club. When you arive, go to Fort Wilderness and speak with the manager, who let you use the dump facilities in a vacant space, without charge. When you are leaving, go back to Fort Wilderness to refill your water tank. Hope you have a great trip!

We had our 34 foot motorhome there last September during our two week stay at Boardwalk. They just had us park it in the upper lot, up by where the taxi's wait. To get to the upper lot just make an immediate left turn after you pass the guard shack at the entrance to BW.

We secured it and checked on it on a regular basis, but everything was fine. Just make sure you put your tire covers on as the sun can be brutal there. That lot is fully exposed. We cracked the roof vents, closed all the blinds and had reflective screen on the inside of the windshield. Even at that it got hot inside. We turned of the refrigerator and put all perishibles in the refrigerator in the villa.

You cannot park RV's at OKW. That is clearly stated in the member's guide. I presume Stinson was not aware of this. While staying at OKW they have us park the RV at the Port Orleans lot. Since we have a tow vehicle it was not a problem moving our 'stuff' from there to the OKW villas.

I have no personal knowledge about VWL but have seen RV's parked at the far end of one of the lots.

Have no information about BCV's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter