R: Sweet Potato Casserole With Praline Topping

Beth E. (NJ)

<font color=red>Disney obsessed<br><font color=blu
Sweet Potato Casserole With Praline Topping

Doesn't this sound yummy? It's kind of cool and drizzly here today and this just sounded so warm and good. I got it from a friend and haven't tried it yet.

Sweet Potato Casserole With Praline Topping

Yields: 8 servings (serving size: 3/4 cup)
Ingredients:

1 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
1/4 cup stick margarine, melted
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and halved (about 2-1/2 pounds)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 large egg white
1 (5-ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk
Cooking spray

Preheat oven to 350°. Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring to form a streusel. Set aside. Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes or until very tender. Drain well; mash in a large bowl. Stir in 1 cup streusel, granulated sugar, vanilla, egg white, and milk. Spoon into a 2-quart casserole coated with cooking spray; top with remaining streusel. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes.

I think the only thing my recipe doesn't have is the milk and it has two eggs. It was given to me many years ago by a coworker and has become a Thanksgiving Day staple. Everybody loves it (even those who say they don't like sweet potatoes!) and I have passed the recipe on many times. You'll love it!

Beth, I just had to tell you I tried your recipe Friday and it was a big hit! I served it as a side with boneless chicken breasts. I also made corn muffins and it was absolutely delicious! Thanks for sharing. I will certainly be making this again.

TC :cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter