• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

R.I.P. Robert B. Parker

kaytieeldr

DIS Veteran
I just heard, Robert B. Parker - author of the Spenser, Jesse Stone, and Sunny Randall detective series', as well as other novels, died at home yesterday. He was 77 and will be missed.

I love reading his books and figuring out exactly where (especially) Spenser is. Some locations are real - Breakheart Reservation, Karl's Sausage Kitchen, pretty much anything in Boston itself - and some are disguised (he 'adjusted' the town of Lynnfield and the city of Lynn in various books), but it was always fun to know exactly where Spenser was.

Thanks for posting this--I hadn't heard. That makes me sad. I really enjoyed his books.

Oh man, that is so sad! He is one of our favorite authors and I always look forward to a new Spenser book. :sad:

Not only was he an amazing author, but he was also a wonderful person. I was lucky enough to attend a reading and book signing a few years ago. He took the time to speak to everyone individually that night. He had such a great sense of humor.

As a librarian, I've read jillions of books, but I've always thought his were some of the most "readable" ever written! They are just plain galloping fun. DH loves to listen to the audio version of them, too. I especially liked how much he loved his dog in them:lovestruc.

RIP!

Terri

I'd read some of his books, and I loved "Spenser for Hire" with Robert Urich. I used to watch them over and over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter