• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

qustion about Mickeys Halloween party and costumes...

dkrahne

Earning My Ears
We are going to the halloween party on oct 3, and my husband found a toy soldier costume, one of the green Toy Story guys. Can adults wear disney costumes to the event? I had heard a long time ago that this wasn't allowed...he loves halloween and would be crushed if he went to the trouble and we were turned away at the gate! Thanks!

Costumes are encouraged for everyone! We all dressed up as pirates last year. We all had a great time. We got TONS of character interactions! There were loads of adults in full costume. Go for it!!

Of course!!! You paid for your ticket! I'd be upset if they didn't allow adults to wear costumes. LOL. But I think they do have some restrictions on costumes. Here is the info I found from the site:

Costume Information

All event attendees — including adults — may dress in their favorite Halloween costume and must follow these and other guidelines:

Costumes should be child-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive or violent.
Guests may wear masks. However, masks must not obstruct vision and eyes must be visible at all times.
Guests who dress like Disney Characters may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other Guests.
Costumes should not drag on the ground.
Costumes should not contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another Guest.
Costumes should not contain any weapons which resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
Guests of all ages may only wear costumes to the Disneyland Resort Halloween event to which they have valid tickets.

Guests who do not adhere to these guidelines may be refused entry into the event unless his or her costume can be modified to meet the above standards.

Referenced: http://disneyland.disney.go.com/special-offers/mickeys-halloween-party/

one last thing to add. Adults can not wear costumes the whole day, only when the party guests are allowed in which is 3 hours before the official party start. 3 or 4 depending if it's a weekday or Friday(when Disney starts the weekend).

It depends on how elaborate the costume is. If the person is just wearing a funky t-shirt, and not a full out costume then it's OK to wear it the entire day. We intend to be there the entire day in our costume the day of the party, and since it consists of hockey jerseys and hats, it perfectly acceptable to do so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter