Quite possibly the silliest newbie question ever... (re: entering Disney)

If you're staying on-site and taking a shuttle, say to MK, do they drop you where you still need to take a ferry or monorail, or do you skip that?

If you're staying on-site and taking a shuttle, say to MK, do they drop you where you still need to take a ferry or monorail, or do you skip that?
If you take the bus, it takes you directly to the park, skipping all that TTC and ferry/monorail business.

I occasionally take a bus to MK in the morning if I'll be leaving in the afternoon. If I'll be leaving at closing time, with everyone else, I drive. The wait for the monorail is kinda long, but the wait for the buses is longer. That's me. That's my preference. There are a LOT of peeps on the DIS who just hate to drive and consider it a major chore in life. They are happy to be relieved of it at WDW and prefer the bus. Nothing wrong with that!

On a slightly side note, I've found Disney has the parking spaces placed in such a way that you don't even have wait for the people next to you to get out of their cars before you can open your car doors.

And - you don't have to run for a parking lot tram. If one pulls away before you get there, another one will be along in about five minutes. Take your time and relax.

SapphireMarie, not sure if this will help, but here's a link to a general map of WDW property. It might help you see how it's all laid out in relation to each park?
http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/propertymap.htm

I envy you, going the first time, it will be magical. I still cry a little when I pass under the arch that welcomes you to Disney World.

SapphireMarie, not sure if this will help, but here's a link to a general map of WDW property. It might help you see how it's all laid out in relation to each park?
http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/propertymap.htm

I envy you, going the first time, it will be magical. I still cry a little when I pass under the arch that welcomes you to Disney World.

Thanks so much!! I have been watching some videos on youtube and it does make me choke up. Hubby thinks I'm a nerd. :confused3

Thanks all! :thumbsup2

ITA with previous posters - doing this:
2011-1110077-M.jpg

Has saved me many a time from losing my car! And sometimes you get a neat picture out of it, too :thumbsup2

This is actually a great question. You could also ask "Could you walk me through what happens when I step into Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, AK, etc.? For me, this website gave me the answers to these questions so I was able to navigate the parks like an expert on my first visit. My entire family thought I was crazy, but the research and advice pays off! Afterward, they were simply impressed. Thanks everyone!!

This is actually a great question. You could also ask "Could you walk me through what happens when I step into Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, AK, etc.? For me, this website gave me the answers to these questions so I was able to navigate the parks like an expert on my first visit. My entire family thought I was crazy, but the research and advice pays off! Afterward, they were simply impressed. Thanks everyone!!

That's a much better way to word it, lol...thanks! I was fumbeling trying to get my question out. :lmao:

Our family is going to WDW for the first time in February 2013 also! And I have been doing tons of research...these boards and everyones questions have helped me with my planning already! Thank you for asking this question, it's an issue I hadn't really thought of yet!

And don't feel too bad about tearing up at videos, I was in tears just last night watching a video about the AOA resort (where we are staying) AND watching the video of the Fantasyland expansion and thinking of how magical that area will be for my two Princess enthusiasts!

That's a much better way to word it, lol...thanks! I was fumbeling trying to get my question out. :lmao:

I don't think DisLis was trying to correct the wording of your original question, but saying that another good question, in addition to "What happens when I enter [i.e., drive onto] Disney property?" would be "What happens when I step out of my car / off the tram and into each of the parks?" You'd get lots of fun responses, as you did here. Walking through a park entrance is, if anything, more exciting than driving under the "Welcome" sign... and of course, each park has a slightly different flavor.

You may want to post that new question separately, but I'll start you off with a tip: Each park has a "bag check" area outside the turnstiles, where a security guard does a quick search of all bags. If you don't have a bag, just walk around that area and proceed to the turnstiles. (I've seen people waiting in the bag check line without realizing they didn't need to.) As of now, there's no security stop for people without bags. If they have metal detectors (as Six Flags does), I've never been aware of them.

Incidentally, on the theme of "WDW feels like a big city," those parking lot trams are HUGE. They're the longest wheeled vehicles I've ever seen that didn't run on rails... longer than some subway trains here in Boston. Imagine a tractor the size of a front-end loader, pulling seven trailers each the size of a panel truck or minibus. You haven't lived until you've seen one of those things make a U-turn. They can do it only because they have their own areas of the road, where no cars or people are allowed.

Have a wonderful trip, and do let yourself be amazed by Disney's attention to detail, on one hand, and the sheer scope of the place on the other. No photo, video, or description can really prepare you for it. My DW had seen photos of the Wilderness Lodge lobby, but when she stepped into it, her jaw dropped and she invoked the name of a leading Biblical character (not her normal practice).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter