• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quite a few rides closed right now

kikismom

DIS Veteran
So I go on the Disneyland app to check out ride times fairly often. I just went on right now to gauge how our Sunday might be in a few weeks and noticed that the following rides are all temporarily closed:

Splash Mountain
Winnie the Pooh
Alice
Storybook Land Canal Boats
Tea Party
Gadget's Go Coaster

That seems kind of crazy to me and figured I'd reach out and see if anyone is there right now to see how the parks are. I haven't noticed that many rides being down at once in a long time. What the heck??

So I go on the Disneyland app to check out ride times fairly often. I just went on right now to gauge how our Sunday might be in a few weeks and noticed that the following rides are all temporarily closed:

Splash Mountain
Winnie the Pooh
Alice
Storybook Land Canal Boats
Tea Party
Gadget's Go Coaster

That seems kind of crazy to me and figured I'd reach out and see if anyone is there right now to see how the parks are. I haven't noticed that many rides being down at once in a long time. What the heck??
Most of them say, temporarily closed, so I would guess it has to do with the current weather in Anaheim.

It’s pouring rain (or was, it’s holding up right now). The outdoor rides get very wet and it can’t be fun for the CMs who have to work in the rain, either.

It rained all six days we were in wdw over Xmas didn't stop the rides. We were pelted on slinky dog and Everest and big thunder and mine ride but it was fun still!

Surprised rides not running because of rain. RS is understandable.

We had to leave. It was too wet to do anything and because there are a surprising number of people in the parks anything that is open (rides) or under cover (snacks, food, shows) is slammed.

We had to leave. It was too wet to do anything and because there are a surprising number of people in the parks anything that is open (rides) or under cover (snacks, food, shows) is slammed.
Yeah space is 120 minutes yikes. I’m not surprised at the amount of people. Many stayed home..but I also saw people posting that they chose to go today because of rain hoping for lower crowds and easier way to get a BG.

It rained all six days we were in wdw over Xmas didn't stop the rides. We were pelted on slinky dog and Everest and big thunder and mine ride but it was fun still!

Surprised rides not running because of rain. RS is understandable.
I’ve done Incredicoaster in the rain. It’s like needles on your face. Same with big thunder, though not as painful as Incredicoaster.

That actually isn’t that bad. Did you look at California Adventure too? Because for Indy, Space, Thunder, Matterhorn, Incredicoaster, and RSR to all be up at the same time is a miracle

That actually isn’t that bad. Did you look at California Adventure too? Because for Indy, Space, Thunder, Matterhorn, Incredicoaster, and RSR to all be up at the same time is a miracle

I just looked and they have a ton down too. Goofys Sky School, all three rides in Radiator Springs. Plus Peter Pan now. I really, really hope it doesn't rain during our trip but know it might based on when it's plannes. I'm from Washington and it's rained like 35 out of the past 40 days so I'm used to it but man I would be bummed about the rides.

I just looked and they have a ton down too. Goofys Sky School, all three rides in Radiator Springs. Plus Peter Pan now. I really, really hope it doesn't rain during our trip but know it might based on when it's plannes. I'm from Washington and it's rained like 35 out of the past 40 days so I'm used to it but man I would be bummed about the rides.
Hopefully it’s not too bad when you go. I went January 15-18 and we didn’t have very many ride breakdowns. Only Radiator Springs Racers for 3 hours one day and Rise of the Resistance which broke down just in time for our boarding group to not get called...

It only rains like 10-20 days a year in southern ca so I wouldn’t worry too much about that.

That’s also why we’re so unprepared for it. It’s so rare that there isn’t much point in having a plan for it.

It only rains like 10-20 days a year in southern ca so I wouldn’t worry too much about that.

That’s also why we’re so unprepared for it. It’s so rare that there isn’t much point in having a plan for it.
Yes! Socal in general just doesn't handle rain very well. Last year around this time I remember it would pour every other day. It was a super wet winter! It seemed like some rides were closed more than open due to weather. This year it isn't as wet, so it should hopefully be ok.

Also based on my limited experience with CA rain it hasn’t affected the rides too much because of the time of day it rained. It’s only rained twice when I’ve been there: The first time was one morning last April just before rope drop and it stopped after about an hour. Thunder and Incredicoaster had delayed openings but it wasn’t too bad. And the other time was opening day of ROTR when I got there at 2:15 AM and the rain stopped after maybe half an hour? Obviously that didn’t affect any rides...

Obviously my experience is limited but don’t worry too much about the rain because it won’t rain the whole trip and if it does rain and rides close, do the indoor rides until it stops.

There's a specific list of rides that are closed in the rain for safety reasons, I think someone made a graphic here. I probably wouldn't want to be on the outside/upper portion of Alice while it's wet, either.

I can attest that Dumbo stays open and there's nothing in the world like getting pelted with water in your face and the wind chilling your cheeks like that ride in the rain.

You must be from the west side seattle area I’m north of Spokane on the east side. We have tons of snow but I hate the amount of rain the west side gets no thanks Lol

There's a specific list of rides that are closed in the rain for safety reasons, I think someone made a graphic here. I probably wouldn't want to be on the outside/upper portion of Alice while it's wet, either.

I can attest that Dumbo stays open and there's nothing in the world like getting pelted with water in your face and the wind chilling your cheeks like that ride in the rain.

Have you tried Silly Swings in a nice down pour? 😆

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter