• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quietest time of year to go?

chocomochamouse

Mouseketeer
We have been back a week and found the parks to be much busier than our previous trips, which were march and october. Queue for Rock n Roller Coaster 90 mins at 9.30am on non EMH morning!
Anyway, we are thinking of going back 2011 and maybe taking the kids out of school to avoid the huge queues. We asked a CM while we were there when is the quietest time and they said feb, sept or oct. If we go in oct we will take them at half term so they are only missing 1 week of school.
Sorry for rambling, but any advice on quiet time would be appreciated, also I know this is 2011 is very far in advance but my friends just flew out this morning for 17 nights at SSR and it's making me feel homesick for the world!

I wolud also like to know this and what's the weather like earlier on in the year. I know how you feel about missing the place, this time last year we had just come back and within a week i had booked for this year. Now that's over we've all got the holiday blues!!! Anyway, there's no way our budget will allow us to go back next year so i too am already thinking about 2011. We always go in summer holidays but 2011 we are planning to take a very young baby and my mum, who is not keen on the heat so the summer holidays are out of the question. we would like to go when it's reasonably warm as we are all keen swimmers and love the water parks. We have been in December and although the weather was ok not really water park weather and our pool was heated (which really puts the price up if you stay in a villa, some people are charging £12 per day, over 3 weeks that adds up nicely) Any help would be FAB then i can begin planning all over again!!!

We have been back a week and found the parks to be much busier than our previous trips, which were march and october. Queue for Rock n Roller Coaster 90 mins at 9.30am on non EMH morning!
Anyway, we are thinking of going back 2011 and maybe taking the kids out of school to avoid the huge queues. We asked a CM while we were there when is the quietest time and they said feb, sept or oct. If we go in oct we will take them at half term so they are only missing 1 week of school.
Sorry for rambling, but any advice on quiet time would be appreciated, also I know this is 2011 is very far in advance but my friends just flew out this morning for 17 nights at SSR and it's making me feel homesick for the world!

You want quiet AND good weather - that's why we like October. Feb is quiet but it can get cold!

At the mo we are favouring oct as we can take advantage of the free DDP, provided it is on offer. Thought we might try OKW. Wouldn't mind going back in march as the crowds were ok and the weather was lovely, but the free DDP isn't on then.

I think if you are looking for a good balance of nice weather without it being too hot and reasonable crowd levels then just after Easter is a decent choice.
The weather was perfect for us this year at that time.

Only problem is kid's will be due to go back to school I guess.

February will be fairly quiet but weather can be very unpredictable, same for early March too.

October through early November is also not a bad time to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter