Quietest Resort/Room?

flywithhope

Earning My Ears
In your opinion, what is the quietest resort and room type out of all deluxe resorts and villas ? Any tips on how to get a quiet room?

With my health conditions, I am in the room 75-90% of the trip. So a well themed, quiet room is high on my list. Though I know some outside noise and inside noise is to be expected, I am on the hunt for the quietest.

We have stayed in Poly garden view, Wilderness Lodge Villa 1 bedroom, Yacht Club Club Level view on back of resort and Beach Club water view which overlooked volleyball area. By far our worst experience has been at Beach Club last week (10days) as walls were so thin and we could hear neighbors and hallway conversations easily. Poly with adjoining door felt like neighbors were in our room as we'll. Yacht Club Club Level all we heard was beeping of trucks making deliveries.

Best experience was Wilderness lodge 1 bedroom but if studio is just as quiet I would rather save money. We love the Epcot area for easy access to Epcot for when I can get out for an hour or two but concerned about Beach Club Villa rooms being just as loud as Beach Club.

I think the monorail resorts have better soundproofing but it all depends on your location and neighbors. I always request no connecting door. Also, away from elevators and the lounge when staying club level. We have found a few rooms at various locations that we enjoy because of location/noise level but it really does depend on your neighbors and the manners of those staying on your floor.

Contemporary is a little noisier than the others because of the tower design, but that type of noise does not bother me. Wilderness Lodge can be quiet depending on your room location as well as Poly and GF. I have always found the Epcot resorts to be very noisy. The walls seem thin and they just seem to attract a noisy crowd.

The Unofficial Guide to WDW rates each resort for quietness, as well as several other attributes.

We really liked the Contemporary. We have stayed in both the garden wing and the tower. The only noise issues we had were the horns from the boats sometimes. Sometimes I noticed it, other times I did not. I felt that the garden wing rooms were really quite peaceful but are a farther distance from the restaurants and shops of the resort.

Without a doubt Saratoga Springs. They put in double paned glass for added quietness that no other resort has.

Also not having fully enclosed hallways makes it less noisy outside your door.

Second would be AKL Savannah views, those animals are really quiet.

I agree with Sammie -- it's totally Saratoga Springs.

We are typically YC/BC people -- and I agree it is noisy there! When we need extra room or just want a quiet Disney experience, a one-bedroom at Saratoga is perfect.

Downside: location is fairly remote.

Glad to know this about SS. Being quiet that is. I've found that AKV was very very quiet, as a pop stated just request a room at the end of a pod or bldg, and / or next to a 2 or 1br. The reason being is there are more spots for them to be in rather than always in a studio . BWV was a lil noisy but didn't really bother us at all. I can see how wilderness lodge would probably be the best though.

As another poster said, I believe the Monorail resorts would have a little better sound proofing because they're older and better constructed. Of the 3, I'd choose the Poly. You can request a particular longhouse that may be away from the main pool. I'd suggest Aotearoa, not facing the monorail.

I'd vote OKW or Saratoga Springs since they are more like condos/townhouses/apartments rather than big buildings.

The quietest room we ever had was a non-connecting standard BWI room overlooking the courtyard. I think we were on the 4th floor and about four rooms from the bank of elevators. We never heard our neighbors and we never heard people in the hallway and the view toward the courtyard was peaceful.

Without a doubt the tree houses at Saratoga Springs. No one above, below or next to you ;)

We absolutely loved it there. They do have handicapped accessible tree houses just in case you need it (not sure what your health condition is).

From my own personal experience, AKL Savannah views have been the quietest. (excluding the DVC resorts)

Personally, I think you have already stayed at the quietest resort. The whole Wilderness Lodge Villas building is extremely quiet. The quiet pool is like a library. :thumbsup2 Get a Studio there.

I would book a savannah room at AKL. If walking isn't a problem for you, request a room furthest away from the lobby. There is very little human traffic that far out on the resort and if you are spending that much time in the room, you will have a fabulous view to enjoy. :goodvibes

AKL was soooo quiet! We on the 4th floor about 3/4 of the way down. It was not a bad walk, but it was very quiet down there!

Nobody mentionned mods... POFQ with a riverview room building 7 was very quiet.

AKL was quiet as well. We felt like we were alone in the resort.

Top floor CR garden wing and courtyard view BWI. Both were amazingly quiet and peaceful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter