"Quiet Pool" coined by DVC DISBoard?

Granny

Yeah, I'm a guy
In the middle of the great American pool debate this week, WebMasterDoc asked if anyone had seen Disney refer to the "non-slide" pools as "quiet pools".

On this board, we generally refer to pools as quiet pools if they are pretty straightforward, nothing fancy kind of pools. Doc was just wondering if Disney themselves ever used the phrase, since he didn't recall ever seeing it in print (correct me if I'm misstating your comment, Doc) from an official Disney publication.

Well, we came up with a couple, and now I received the Disney's Beach Club Villas official sales brochure. In there it says:

"...In addition, Disney's Beach Club Villas will feature Dunes Cove , a quiet pool with heated spa and a pool building with lockers and restrooms." (Underline emphasis added by me).

So if the phrase originated on this board, it shows two things. First, that Disney reads these boards. And second, that they're smart enough to pick up on the lingo of the savvy posters here. :smooth:

I'm 99% certain that the phrase "quiet pool" was in our very first member handbook that we got when we bought our resale, which was just about the time that this board was really getting going. I've still got that handbook floating around my office, I'll try to confirm this.

Still, I think we can be pretty certain that Disney peeks in from time to time; I seem to recall a few discussions with Doc that indicated that they did this.

Scott = ypu are back - Where have you been as you have been missed!!!

I've seen the term "quiet pool" used for a long time, usually in reference to any pool other than the main pool at a resort. If I didn't see it in DVC material, then I know I've heard the term on another BBS that I've been involved with since '94.

Sharon

The pharses "quieter small pools" and "quiet pool" are used in the current Member Guidebook when talking about OKW and VWL

Several have been kind enough to point out where I can find the term "quiet pool" in official DVC correspondence.

Most notable is in the current Member's Guidebook on page 86 in the BWV map. I'm satisfied that the term was intended for use by DVC!

BTW, WELCOME HOME, Scott! :D

Why back in the 70s when we stayed at the Poly, they refered to the pool without the slide as "the Quiet pool", So the term pre-dates DVC by many years.

The most impressive evidence I ever saw of Disney paying any attention here was a few weeks ago when we were talking about the website description of BCV saying in one spot that they all had VCR's and another spot, DVD players...within a day, and actually I think it may have been within hours of it being posted here, the website was changed ommitting the VCR references. Coincidence? I don't think so. (yeah, I know it could have been a coincidence)

Paul

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter