Quiet Nook on Fantasy

efam

Mouseketeer
Hi! We're leaving on our first Disney cruise in September on the Fantasy with the Western itinerary. I'm not the biggest fan of crowds, but I'm ok in them. My favorite places are the quiets spots on a vacation or a really non-crowded location. For instance, we stayed at the Polynesian resort last year, and we stopped at Trader Sams. It was near empty and so much fun!! I thought it was like a broom closet.

Any quiet nooks or cool un-crowded spots on the Fantasy? Or on Castaway Cay (no...we're not getting a cabana...way too much money!)?

Thanks!!

Hi! We're leaving on our first Disney cruise in September on the Fantasy with the Western itinerary. I'm not the biggest fan of crowds, but I'm ok in them. My favorite places are the quiets spots on a vacation or a really non-crowded location. For instance, we stayed at the Polynesian resort last year, and we stopped at Trader Sams. It was near empty and so much fun!! I thought it was like a broom closet.

Any quiet nooks or cool un-crowded spots on the Fantasy? Or on Castaway Cay (no...we're not getting a cabana...way too much money!)?

Thanks!!

Did you happen to book a balcony room?
Thats where I escape the masses........ I can sit out there watching the ocean and just be peaceful

Thanks!!
We found most of the bars to be fairly empty, day and night. (The Pub, La Piazza and the Tube were busy sometimes). Skyline, the Champagne bar, even Meridian was usually pretty empty. And you don't have to drink to hang out there. There are plenty of chairs and tables, so you won't be in anyone's way, and they won't be in yours.

Also, their is a place at the top of the main elevator (called Outlook, I think). Parts of the day they have toddlers up there, but much of the day, it is empty. It has a great view of the ship and the sea (because it is so high up) and most of the time it is empty. Unless it fills up with DIS Boarders now. Oops. Sorry.

Have fun though!

Cove Cafe (Deck 11 near quiet cove pool) , Meridian (Deck 12 behind Palo & Remy) Vista Cafe (Deck 4 midship) or a lounge chair on outside deck 4 under the lifeboats. Also the bars lounges on Deck 4 Aft tend to at least have 1 or 2 quiet spots during the day.

As for Castaway Cay, Head out to Serenity Bay (adults only 18+ Beach)

The deck 4 lounge chairs are my favorite public place to hang out. You can see the ocean and the promenade, so you get a pleasant "I'm on a ship" vibe there.

Deck 4 lounge chairs are nice. There are also some seating areas on deck 4 and 5 near the atrium that are fairly quiet. Deck 4 just forward of the elevators on the port side and deck 5 near the future bookings desk. On deck 11 near the front of the ship is also pretty quiet most of the time.

Martin

Ooh La La is *always* quiet unless there's a tasting. I love Meridian, and if you don't mind the occasional smoker then my favorite spot on the entire boat is Meridian, port side, outside. A book, an Old Fashioned and me. That's my idea of a good time.

There's always the Rainforest Room, especially on port days. On CC day it's deserted.

There's only one elevator that goes there, for what it's worth. We usually just climb the stairs to get there. It's well hidden, though, which makes it awesome.

(off topic) PLUS, there's an adorable Wall-E & Eve painting from the bottom to top of that staircase. It's rather dark unless you're looking for it!

. I love Meridian, and if you don't mind the occasional smoker then my favorite spot on the entire boat is Meridian, port side, outside. A book, an Old Fashioned and me. That's my idea of a good time. .

This!

We love Le Meridian both inside and out. Oh La La was also a favourite - never busy. On all four ships, we refer to deck 4 as the "let's pretend we're reading but really we're snoozing' deck. Every time we go down there, all of the occupied loungers have people napping with their books or tablets face down on their chest. Very quiet. Cove Cafe on all four ships is also one of our very favourite places to hang out for quiet - again both inside and outside.

A quiet little area with seating is to the right of the Port Adventures desk on Deck 5. It does have some animated art in the area so you may get some people looking at that but several times I have sat there in relative quiet.

MJ

I will concur with Oh La La. Often when we go in there we are the only people in there at night. A busy night might be 6 people. This has been my experience on 3 cruises. Although a lot of the bars have nice spaces where you don't feel crowded.

I concur with the comments on Ooh La La, it was strange because it's a really neat space but not many are ever there. It is off to the side and not as inviting as the other spaces so that could be it.

I concur with the comments on Ooh La La, it was strange because it's a really neat space but not many are ever there. It is off to the side and not as inviting as the other spaces so that could be it.
Have you been on the Fantasy since they had the dry dock? They opened up those doors there (made them larger, with clear glass in them). It's much more inviting to sit there now, especially when La Piazza is full. You can still listen to the piano player in Oh La La at those times.

Have you been on the Fantasy since they had the dry dock? They opened up those doors there (made them larger, with clear glass in them). It's much more inviting to sit there now, especially when La Piazza is full. You can still listen to the piano player in Oh La La at those times.

No I haven't, that's interesting that they did that. They must have been getting similar feedback then.

I usually do the coffee shop in the morning to midday, then switch to a pub. I like the coffee shop cause I can get a yummy coffee, read and snack on some tasty treats and its usually pretty quiet. I wish they had a little library like RCCL. Those are one of my favorite features of the RCCL ships, usually pretty dead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter