Quiet air conditioned places in each park for child to sleep in stroller

wdwnewfnut

Mouseketeer
We're going to be in wdw during September with an almost three year old. Not sure if he'll nap in his stroller so we may be taking mid day breaks. If he does nap in his stroller where are some good locations to relax with him in his stroller? My main concern is the heat.

Well, every park has a Baby Care center. You could check that out.

At Epcot, there are lots of quiet, cool corners in Innoventions. I can't think of any convenient places in the other parks (AK will be tough) but maybe others can.

Edited to add: At MK you could take the monorail to the Poly, which has a great lobby to sit & relax in. At the Studios you could do the same thing and head to the Boardwalk or Yacht/ Beach Club, which have large lobbies with sofas to relax on.

There are various indoor CS restaurants like Cosmic Ray's or the ABC Commissary, but they are generally very loud and somewhat chaotic. I guess upstairs at the Columbia Harbor house (MK) is one possibility, if it's not crowded.

Any of the Quick Serve spots with indoor seating would be good. I would grab a drink and maybe a dessert, find a corner with a plug and charge my phone while I play on it and baby naps.

At MK
Top level of Columbia Harbor House has some quiet corners, same with Pinocchios

At Epcot I agree with behind Innoventions or the building that used to house the characters - if you go in the back door there no one is around and you can sit and enjoy the cool and quiet.
The Land - not so much
In World Showcase some of the bakerys/eating areas have seating that would work

At DHS - the counter service by Star Tours or Pizza Planet on the upper level

At AK - Pizzafari has some large rooms and so do some of the other eateries there.

Also it's an option from MK to head over to one of the resort hotels and find a spot in the lobby/hallways

But honestly I find babies/toddlers will just sleep while you move from one thing to the next.

Liz

Yeah, ours always woke up when we stopped moving!

I actually found the gift shops mid-day weren't bad. They were uncrowded enough that a stroller wasn't in the way. And I could look at things leisurely while they slept. If they started stirring, I just started moving again. :goodvibes

Plenty of AC all over WDW, but no guarantee of quiet, anywhere! It's Disney, there's always noise, music, and screaming kids, especially where there's AC.

Pick up a little stroller fan. These are great. You can always find a shady spot. (Well, hardest in DHS IMO).

Carousel of Progress--- That is sure to put anyone to sleep for a few minutes at least!

LOL! I had us go on that for an air conditioned break. About 1/2 way through I looked at DH and apologized. DD10 loved it though!

Animal Kingdom - Rafiki's planet watch the building in there was cool and fairly quiet.

You could ride a few laps on the monorail....

At Epcot I agree with behind Innoventions or the building that used to house the characters - if you go in the back door there no one is around and you can sit and enjoy the cool and quiet.
I completely agree with this. I was pregnant during my last trip and I had gotten to the point in my pregnancy when I could just barely feel her kicking and I could count on my daughter to move nearly all the time. I absolutely panicked every time I couldn't feel her anymore (first pregnancy, give me a break!). We went into that back area four or five times so I could cool down, relax, and focus on feeling her kick. I never once saw more than half a dozen or so people in that corridor and they were all taking a break as well. There's a bathroom right there as well.

I agree with a PP - Get a good stroller fan. When DS was 2, we brought our stroller that had a shade on it. We would walk until he fell asleep and then park underneath a nice shady tree, pull the stroller shade up and then turned our little handheld mister fan on him (with the mister off, of course). He'd sleep for an hour like that!! It was early August and almost 100 degrees out! And the heat never seemed to bother him once when we turned the fan on him. Plus, Mommy or Daddy got a Mickey Ice Cream to enjoy while he was knocked out. :thumbsup2

The baby care centers are helpful...another thing is depending upon the park you're at you can take a break at the nearest resort. At EPCOT & DHS you can take a boat rode to Boardwalk...the lobby are of any of the 2 resorts there (BW, BC, YC) are noice places to relax...also along the boardwalk is good.

By AK you can take bus to AKL..again there's the lobby and a really nice outside are where you can watch the animals....

By MK - any resort on monorail (Contemporary tends to be most noisy) - or if you want a boat ride to WL - the lobby there is really nice...

You can can grb a drink in a bar area (if open) - look around the resort shops or just sit in lobby and relax while your child is relaxing as well...

This being said...we've gon in Sept when DS was 2 & 3 and he had no problem taking a nap in stroller when he was tired no matter where we were..he fell asleep while watching parade in DHS...when they're tired - they're tired!

Plenty of AC all over WDW, but no guarantee of quiet, anywhere! It's Disney, there's always noise, music, and screaming kids, especially where there's AC.

So much this. Especially in summer. A kid would have to be either extremely unusual or absoulktely run-ragged exhausted to get a good quality nap under those conditions.

I'll duck now but if the child is asleep is he aware of the heat? He fell asleep in the heat so why does he care? He's in slumberland so doesn't really notice anything.

And yes, I have a child and grandchildren. Just never did anything different if they fell asleep in a stroller. Just let them continue on and so did we.

Thank you so much for all the responses! I never new there were stroller fans. Would anyone have any recommendations for a good one? I'm hoping he'll be able to sleep in the stroller but we won't know until we get there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter