• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quidco cashback

DLPDreams

I am like a child in a sweet shop, hyper on sugar!
Hello

You may recall that I asked a while back about when I might receive payment of cb from WDW booking as it states in t&cs that it will be paid after holiday completion.

I said I would update when I heard something. I'm delighted to say that we have been paid today :cool1: So, £250 towards our holiday fund! I am quite surprised as we don't go for another 11 months, but not complaining at all :thumbsup2.

So, now just have to decide whether to cancel our first night at OKW or keep it and leave RPR early :rolleyes1.....

That's good news and quite encouraging. We've been back for 2 weeks and still haven't had ours, Quidco could only put a claim in once we had returned. Fingers crossed, it would be nice to get something to go towards a sneaky DLP trip maybe popcorn:::rolleyes1

That's good news and quite encouraging. We've been back for 2 weeks and still haven't had ours, Quidco could only put a claim in once we had returned. Fingers crossed, it would be nice to get something to go towards a sneaky DLP trip maybe popcorn:::rolleyes1

Ooh that would be nice, it feels sooo long since we were in DLP but DH has ruled no more trips until we have done Florida (I think going twice within a few months a few years ago finished him off :rotfl2:)! :rolleyes1

Sorry to hear you didn't get yours early. It really does seem hit and miss. I was praying ours would come through before the trip so we can sort out which hotel we are staying in for our 4th night as I have double booked us atm!

Ours has just updated as well :goodvibes

Yeah - it's lovely when it works out! We are going to put ours towards our tip fund. With 6 of us on DDP, I know it's not going to be cheap! :headache:

Had a look at ours and it was declined. :confused3

Oh no - sorry to hear that. Our payment date was changed 3 times so I didn't hold out much hope. I was really surprised. It is worth pursuing though. We had to do this once and did get paid in the end.

Wish I'd been using Quidco before we booked given I've spent a considerable amount on next years trips!

Wish I'd been using Quidco before we booked given I've spent a considerable amount on next years trips!

Oh dear - well, you will next time :thumbsup2. It's never guaranteed but it's nice if it does pay out! We are going to put ours towards our 'tip fund' as with 6 of us on the DP I know we'll have fairly hefty tips to pay!

Glad so many people have just had their payment authorised - it must have been a big payment run!

Actually, I did wonder today if WDTC sanction the ones where the deposit is more than the cashback iyswim. Otherwise, as discussed last time I mentioned it, what's to stop people cancelling, losing their deposit but still being quids in with the cb if it's for more? Our deposit was £300 so was more than our cb. Just a thought as it seems odd that WDTC pay some people's cashback before the trip and not others. :confused3

I know the conditions have changed now too as it is after you have completed your trip. I wonder if they have cleared all those that booked before change?

Topcashback isn't showing the same condition however for hotel/ticket packages the CB is only 1% against quidcos 3%.

Confusing, what ever they are doing. Our deposit was £150, cash back was around £134. We book April 24/25- the day free dining came out for 2015.

I will keep chasing it and see where I get to.

Beth

Confusing, what ever they are doing. Our deposit was £150, cash back was around £134. We book April 24/25- the day free dining came out for 2015.

Beth

I booked when you did, Beth and forgot about it until I got an email from Quidco last week apologizing that there has been a delay in payment. I was blissfully unaware of the change to the terms and conditions. Mine updated to 'confirmed' on August 21st. I'll be pleased if they do pay out before we take our trip as we are probably going to cancel this reservation eventually, and rebook something different on the US side. It would at least cover 90% of the deposit.

Mines got a date of Oct 30th against it arriving with me...still trying to sort my tickets one though, I put a claim in last month and it's still 'pending' :headache:

I booked when you did, Beth and forgot about it until I got an email from Quidco last week apologizing that there has been a delay in payment. I was blissfully unaware of the change to the terms and conditions. Mine updated to 'confirmed' on August 21st. I'll be pleased if they do pay out before we take our trip as we are probably going to cancel this reservation eventually, and rebook something different on the US side. It would at least cover 90% of the deposit.

If it's confirmed you will get either in the next payment run or when you request it depending on your settings :)

Beth

Same here, booked the day the free dining came out, my cashback got declined, put a claim in, but waiting to see what happens :(

It's very odd the way they handle it. I did think it was to do with deposits and how much that was - if they stand to get your deposit (if you cancelled) and that happened to be more than your cb, then that was how I thought they were viewing it. But it doesn't appear that way for everyone :confused3.

Tracy - I emailed support at Quidco to ask about the change to the t&cs - they told me they have been like that for some time now and certainly before I booked in April. However, I could have sworn I didn't read it as part of the t&cs when I booked! But as I couldn't prove it, I just had to let it go. I notice now when you book some of the cb offers like Hotels4U, there is actually a pop up box which comes up stating 'you won't get paid until after you have completed your stay' and even in the estimated payment date it just states 'Info about payment' rather than a date.

I hope all of you with a claim in manage to get your payment. I know it's not guaranteed but when others are being paid for their trips, and yours is a genuine cb request, you should get it!

I have heard of a few people booking on the US side of things. I keep looking but still haven't been able to beat the free dining that on the UK side that is almost unrestricted time wise. Combined with the extra savings they give your off SSR and OKW.

Same here, booked the day the free dining came out, my cashback got declined, put a claim in, but waiting to see what happens :(
If anything happens I will find this thread and update you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter