• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quickest way to Contemporary from Grand Floridian

dparksfan

Mouseketeer
Need to get to a PS asap after a spa appt. Having a very hard time moving our PS for Chef Mickey's, even just a few minutes would help. Since this is a Sunday morning I'm starting to lose hope, so now I'm trying to calculate the fastest time and type of transportation to get there.

TIA

Thank you. That's what I thought. Was hoping for some type of water transportation, but I think everything else takes too long.

Thank you. That's what I thought. Was hoping for some type of water transportation, but I think everything else takes too long.

You could take a boat to the MK and then walk to the CR. Cab would be faster, though.

I wouldn't think that the resort monorail would be significantly slower than a cab. Its only two stops away.

You could take a boat to the MK and then walk to the CR.

I doubt that would be faster than the Resort Monorail, since the walk from MK to CR alone is about 8 minutes.

The Resort Monorail tales 20-25 minutes to make the full loop, so half way around should be about 10, and trains run every 5 minutes (barring delays).

I doubt that would be faster than the Resort Monorail, since the walk from MK to CR alone is about 8 minutes.

The Resort Monorail tales 20-25 minutes to make the full loop, so half way around should be about 10, and trains run every 5 minutes (barring delays).
I agree - if all goes according to plan. However, one never knows when the delays will occur. I'd rather trust my feet if I have to be somewhere at a particular time. If I were in the OP's situation, I'd cab it.

Need to get to a PS asap after a spa appt. Having a very hard time moving our PS for Chef Mickey's, even just a few minutes would help. Since this is a Sunday morning I'm starting to lose hope, so now I'm trying to calculate the fastest time and type of transportation to get there.

TIA

Carol -

Do not negate the effects (and the money spent) of your Spa treatment stressing over Chef Mickey's. Just plan on taking a cab from GF to minimize travel time and get there when you get there.

You're on vacation and if your a few minutes late, just roll with it. The CM's checking in guests try to accommodate if at all possible.

My two cents, Steve :cool1:

Resort monorail for sure. Too many variables with the cab. Have your family go ahead to get the PS and then wait for you. Save your cab money.

Resort monorail for sure. Too many variables with the cab. Have your family go ahead to get the PS and then wait for you. Save your cab money.

The monorail has more variables than the cab, imho. You have to wait for one to show up, and then hope you don't get stuck listening to the dreaded Waiting for Clearance spiel. With a taxi you hop in and go.

The monorail has more variables than the cab, imho. You have to wait for one to show up, and then hope you don't get stuck listening to the dreaded Waiting for Clearance spiel. With a taxi you hop in and go.
Potentially. I still say send the family earlier, or try and move the spa appt up or cut it short.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter