Quickest Route to Hoop Dee Doo

Terk-1

Dreaming of Disney Cruising!
I'm going to the Hoop Dee Doo and am wondering what the quickest way there is. I'm not renting a car and am staying at the All Star Sports. I'll be taking a break at the resort before heading to Hoop. Is it faster to go to the Magic Kingdom & take the boat? Or is it faster to go to Animal Kingdom, then grab a bus to FW?

I'm going to the Hoop Dee Doo and am wondering what the quickest way there is. I'm not renting a car and am staying at the All Star Sports. I'll be taking a break at the resort before heading to Hoop. Is it faster to go to the Magic Kingdom & take the boat? Or is it faster to go to Animal Kingdom, then grab a bus to FW?

You could also take the bus to DTD, then get on the FW bus from there. Of course, taxi would be fastest.

That is a good question, wish I had a good answer but I did want to mention if you do the bus to AK then bus to FW that that bus will drop you at the front of FW then you have to wait for an internal bus to take you to the other end, so add that to your time calculations. The boat from MK drops you right by where the HDDR is.

That is a good question, wish I had a good answer but I did want to mention if you do the bus to AK then bus to FW that that bus will drop you at the front of FW then you have to wait for an internal bus to take you to the other end, so add that to your time calculations. The boat from MK drops you right by where the HDDR is.

Good point! Wish I'd thought of that! I change my answer to bus to MK, then boat to FW...

Not to hijack, but we will have a car. If we drive over, is there still the big parking lot next to the registration area? So we'd park and take the internal transportation, right? We haven't been to the Hoop Dee Doo in years! I can't wait! :dance3:

Not to hijack, but we will have a car. If we drive over, is there still the big parking lot next to the registration area? So we'd park and take the internal transportation, right? We haven't been to the Hoop Dee Doo in years! I can't wait! :dance3:

Correct.

To the original poster, depending on what time you have ADRs for they might have a bus that will take you back to All Stars. For the 2nd and 3rd dinner show they do. Never been to the 1st dinner show. So much nicer grabbing the bus back plus since beer and wine is included you don't have to worry about driving or switching to your bus. All Stars will probably share a bus but you will get a seat.

We always go the route of "Magic Kingdom to FW via boat" and it works out for us...I love the boat ride :) It's a part of the fun - our next trip to HDDR will be for our wedding reception next year :) Cant WAIT!

I would also say take a bus to the MK and then a boat to FW unless you want to take a cab. Give yourself plenty of time-I would say at least an hour and half to get over there though because if you don't check in at least 15 minutes early, they will sell off your tickets even if you have already paid for them! This happened to us one year when we waited forever for a bus. We got there when they were still seating people but they would not let us in because we had not checked in on time. We ended up being seated for the next show.

I was just in a pickle last friday over this. I had to take my mother to the er for flu, we had 7:15pm HDDR on 7/10/09. She did not get discharged until 6:25pm!!!! I high tailed it back to All star music (we had our own vehicle) picked up hubby and kids, dropped off mom. Drove to FW, parked and caught the internal bus. The parking is not far from the bus stop at all. Got on the orange bus (all go to pioneer hall, i think). I was so nervous we would not make it. After about 5 stops, we got to pioneer hall at 7:16pm (on digital clock in bus!!!) Well, they were just letting people in for the 7:15 show! Apparently they open doors at 7:15 and hold your table till 7:30. We did not get our picture taken however, but didn't ask either, because we were late. SO, you can get there quicker with your own car. However, my plan was to take MK bus then boat to FW. I think boat launch is very close to Pioneer hall. HTH!!

Thank you everyone for your responses. It looks like it will be easier/faster to go to the MK, then grab the boat. My ADR is for the 5pm show the night before I head home. After the show, will grab the boat back to the MK, as it's open until 10pm that night.

Thanks again!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter