• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quick Trip

Disneys Billpayer

Pluto's Pal
Returned on Tuesday from a stay at the Contemporary 2-14 to 2-18. As usual I returned a few pounds heavier and of course my wallet was much lighter. The crowds were extreme with the holiday weekend and the builders convention that had overun Orlando. Although with the usual good planning and a "in no hurry attitude" we enjoyed our quick trip. We spent most times between the CR, MK, and Epcot. The new additions and subtractions to the Haunted Mansion were most welcome, the attraction was in need of a little TLC. Saw no sign of the "Dream team" although the fine people in reservations saw fit to upgrade our room to the 11th floor with a MK view. That made my DD and DS very happy. So as they watched the MK fireworks at 10:00 PM I could say that they were granted at least one very nice dream come true. The view of the fireworks from that vantage point was excellent.
They had just re-opened the "big golf ball ride" as the kids call it. The changes that were made are a welcome addition. The interactive ending was very amusing. My DD and DS were quite pleased with the results. All in all an enjoyable trip with lots of shopping and eating. Really liked the MK view and would pay for it if I had to. Can't wait till the next trip, probably in October. Till then I will have to answer my two year olds question of "ride monorail again" over and over. But hey isn't that the stuff that these dreams are really made of anyway?:goodvibes :grouphug:

Thanks,
I thought the screen name was fitting. The room upgrade was nice. I have been quite fortunate on most trips, the cast members have been most accomodating. That's one reason that we return year after year.

I also spent Presidents day weekend at Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. Saw your post and had to agree that the crowds were very big that weekend.
I just joined and will post a report on my trip as well.

Wow! My DH has always wanted to stay at the Contemporary with a view of MK. How lucky to get the upgrade! I am jealous!:goodvibes

It was quite fortunate. I had stayed in the tower at a convention facing Bay lake. That view was nice. I had an MK view from the Poly, it was nice, but I now believe nothing compares to the MK view from the CR upper floors. Room 4748 which is 11th floor closest to the MK to be exact. Walt was smiling down on me that day because I could't have gotten a better room. Although now my DW and I are hooked on that view, we will pay for it next time to ensure we get it again. So in the end it was a good move for Disney to ensure another return trip. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter