Quick trip what are definite sees for DD4?

sleepingbeautymama

Aurorasparkle on VMK
We are doing a short trip and I'm trying to plan what we will see and do. On the first day we will be arriving probably late in the day and we plan on heading to Epcot and hopefully doing a few things before our dinner and then Illuminations. With our DD4, what would be the best attractions to see at Epcot? I know we want to go to Character Connection and the aquarium. Is there anything else for her age that's worth trying to see in that short period of time? We don't plan on returning to Epcot.
We plan on doing a day at MK and then we have one other day and I'm trying to decide what we should see at AK and MGM. Could AK and MGM both be done in a day? Which attractions should we see? I know we are skipping any big rides that she's too young for but what are the best things to see at these places with her age? I want to bypass areas that wouldn't interest her in hopes we can see the most things she'd like. Thanks

At Epcot, DD6 & DS4 loved Test Track and Soarin', Imagination, and Turtle Talk with Crush. They really like playing in some of the innoventions areas too. We did stop in a lot of the countries of WS, but they liked FW better.

If I had to choose between AK and MGM for a 4 y/o, I'd choose AK, but my kids are really into animals. At AK, they love the safari, FOTLK, Triceratop Spin, and Kali River Rapids. They also love the walking trail in Asia (the name escapes me), digging in the Boneyard, and just looking at all of the different animals throughout the park.

At MGM, they enjoy the Playhouse Disney show, the Little Mermaid show, and Star Tours. DD loves the Beauty and the Beast show too.

All kids are different, but for my kids there's more to do at AK than at MGM.

Have a great time!

My ds6 and dd3.5 are huge Star wars fans so MGM is a must for us. They enjoy Little Mermaid, Playhouse Disney, Indiana Jones, Catastrophe Canyon...and especially the Sci Fi Theater and Fantasmic!!!!

But AK is a lot of fun too. Festival of the Lion King is a must see. The safari, walking trails, Triceratops spin...all very good. Seeing things at the AK takes longer as it's spread out and the way they schedule the shows, it just does.

If you were going to combine the 2 I would start at AK, then go to MGM for perhaps it's parade, a couple of rides, and DEFINITELY book a Fantasmic Dinner Pkg, enjoy dinner and go see the show!!!!

MK could easily occupy 2 days. On shorter trips we skip EPCOT. THough we LOVE it, and the children LOVE Turtle Talk, Honey I Shrunk the Audience, Test Track and the Energy ride....it just can't compare to MK.

*I* would skip AK and MGM and spend a second day at MK.

My DD 3 1/2's favorites are:

Epcot: Character Connection, Spaceship Earth, Maelstrom, Journey Into Imagination

MK: wow...almost everything, especially Barnstormer, Philharmagic, Buzz Lightyear, Toontown Hall of Fame, and Tom Sawyer Island, oh, and the Train

AK: Boneyard, Character Trails, Triceratop Spin

MGM: Playhouse Disney, Little Mermaid, Beauty & the Beast, meet and greets

We did an 8-day stay with our 4 y/o dd.

In MK - The usuals. My dd LOVS IASW :confused3 so we did that FOUR timesl :crazy: She liked almost EVERYTHING in Fantasyland. She liked CP, CRT and LTT for meals. She also liked Casey's because she could have ducks walk up to her. She LOVES the speedway - she rides with her dad - and also the the fireworks. Her all time FAVE is the carousel.

In MGM - Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Playhouse Disney, Beauty and the Beast and the meet and greet with JoJo and Goliath. The biggie - FANTASMIC!

IN AK - She loves Festival of the Lion King and Pocohantas, but I think Pocohantas is gone now. She also likes Donald's Breakfastasaurus.

In Epcot, the only thing that really thrilled her was the Living Seas and the Nemo exhibit, eating at the Coral Reef and Illuminations.

sleepingbeautymama said:
We are doing a short trip and I'm trying to plan what we will see and do. On the first day we will be arriving probably late in the day and we plan on heading to Epcot and hopefully doing a few things before our dinner and then Illuminations. With our DD4, what would be the best attractions to see at Epcot? I know we want to go to Character Connection and the aquarium. Is there anything else for her age that's worth trying to see in that short period of time? We don't plan on returning to Epcot.
We plan on doing a day at MK and then we have one other day and I'm trying to decide what we should see at AK and MGM. Could AK and MGM both be done in a day? Which attractions should we see? I know we are skipping any big rides that she's too young for but what are the best things to see at these places with her age? I want to bypass areas that wouldn't interest her in hopes we can see the most things she'd like. Thanks

Epcot...soarin, El Rio del tiempo (mexico), the Land Pavilion to bake cookies at the Nestle booth, and the living seas(as you call it ..."the aquarium"....Japan ..not sure of what its called but there's a Japanese woman who asks the child what animal he/she wants and then shapes a Japanese candy into the animal figures!
AK closes early, so yes, do AK in the am and move over to MGM when finished. AK - Kilimanjaro Safari, Camp Minnie Mickey, Kali River Rapids if hot that day, Festival of the Lion King, Flights of Wonder, Rafiki's Planet Watch. MGM-Muppets 3-D, Mickey Avenue (Jojo and Goliath), Playhouse Disney, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, FANTASMIC.
MK...make sure you do Dumbo, Mickey's Philharmagic, Winnie the Pooh ride, Peter Pan's Flight, Splash Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, Magic Carpets of Alladin, watch the Cinderellabration in front of the Castle, and I'm sure she'll love the Share a Dream Come True Parade(view it outside Sleepy Hollow Restaurant) ...don't miss the Tinker Bell's Treasures Store, Toontown to get pics and autograph's with the VIP's, Enchanted Tiki Room! Have a Magical Disney Vacation with your 4 year old dear daughter, the memories will last forever!

You could also do Storytime with Belle in MK and watch the sword in the stone ceremony... there's alot to do in MK, so much ha! I don't know if she would be scared in Haunted Mansion, but I know my daughter was 3 when first went on it and was fine. Whatever you choose, I know you'll have a great time... have fun and don't rush it.. :thumbsup2

We went two years ago with our four kids who were then 1, 3, 3, and 6. Here were their favorites.

Epcot-Test Track, Living Seas, Making the cookies, Coke tasting, meeting belle in france, meeting the Genie, Aladdin and Jasmine in Morocco, the chinese acrobats in china, The lady that wrote the kid's names in Chineses, Mealstrom, the boat ride in Mexico, all but the youngest liked illuminations.

AK- We weren't too impressed with AK. The safari ride was really cool and they liked the Kali River rapids. They liked the triceratops spin but it is the same as the aladdin/dumbo rides at MK for the most part. The lion king show was cool too. They also liked meeting lilo and stitch.

MGM- My almost 4 year old son and 6 year old daughter went on Tower of Terror and loved it. The shows are nice but this doesn't have much that is tame and entertaining for younger kids. Rockin' Roller Coaster is AWESOME though!! We make sure to go at least once when we go to MGM.

MK- Goofy's Barnstormer is a good place to start. My three older kids rode that and it was a favorite. Philharmagic is AWESOME!!! My kids liked Buzz lightyear ride too but my girls are kind of tomboyish at times. Jungle Cruise is a must see, my kids loved it!! The peter pan ride my kids really got into yelling at Wendy to "Dont' jump Wendy--don't do it!!" LOL Cinderellas carosel and the dumbo rides are must sees too. If she does ok you might want to try splash mountain and the runaway railroad rides, my kids liked them adn the middle two had never been on anything remotely fast or scary before, this is why he ended up on Tower of Terror LOL. My Number 1 must see is to go to the toon town big top and meet the characters. My kids LOVED meeting them and getting their pictures with them and autographs. That is the best place to see them in my opinion.

Kathy
(Mom to DDs 4 and 8, DSs 2 and 5)

This is a great post. I was wondering the same thing for my DD5. Thought I'd bump it for others who are taking small children.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter