• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quick Trip, Quick Trip Report!

SCDizFan

Mouseketeer
Just spent two days at Universal and had a blast!

Me: Birthday Trip, 50th.
Husband: Cool Guy, 59.
Bestie: Beauty Queen, 55.
Her Hubs, my hubs bestie: Model, 56.

This trip was quick fun for my birthday, Cool Guy's Birthday, and the Model's Birthday.

Left Fort Lauderdale at 8AM headed for Universal and Loews Portofino Bay Hotel. It was listed on Orbitz for $454 a night BUT the Florida Resident Rate was only $234! Score!! Booked that!

Later found out what an even better deal that was because to buy the unlimited Fast Passes they were $109.99 per person. Ouch!

Arrived around 10:30 and drove by accident in the back of the hotel but finally mad our way around the front, unloaded and valet parked.

Hit the front desk and they upgraded us to Bayfront rooms.

Went up to the rooms and holy cow are they nice! We were on the 4th floor the very end of the west wing rooms 1462 & 1464.

Ah the kiosks. Tried to get the fast passes but we are a bit retarded and ended up photo bombing each other by accident.

Tip: You can raise up the camera and don't have to squat to get your photo made.

Went to by two park two day two park passes and found out to upgrade to Preferred Two Park Passes was only $299 with no black out dates!! Yes!! Score!

I've never spent so much money to feel like I've gotten great deals.

Jumped on the ferry and Headed to IOA immediately and had a blast. I won't bore you with details except to say that we never waited more than ten minutes for a ride and the parks were packed Monday and Tuesday.

Hated Harry Potter. It was the most crowded part of the parks and the train ride thing was a nightmare.

The area you wait in for the train to go from IOA to US was the hottest place I've ever been with inadequate fans and no AC. The train itself was hot and claustrophobic.

Monday evening we left the park at about 8 to head for the beach pool at Portofino Bay and have a drink before getting ready for dinner. This pool is really cool and had movies playing on a big screen.

After that we bolted for the rooms to get ready for dinner at Roccos Tacos. Took the hotel's transportation there and met some friends from South Carolina. Had a blast! They sent us a bottle of Veuve Clicquot so I was thrilled!

Ended up about $100 per couple but the food was amazing! The atmosphere is incredible! We were sat outside overlooking a massive lake. Great DJ that spun 90s tunes. Can't recommend this place enough.

Asleep before my head hit the pillow in those AMAZING beds at the hotel. Wow.

Got up, showered, packed up, headed back to the parks and had a blast!

We are staying at Portorino in 2 weeks. Nice to hear how nice it was and that you had a nice time at the hotel and short line wait times. I know we will be spending tons of time in HP world, I'm hoping its not super stifling hot like you mentioned, we'll have to hit it very early and very late. Thanks for your thoughts!

We are staying at Portorino in 2 weeks. Nice to hear how nice it was and that you had a nice time at the hotel and short line wait times. I know we will be spending tons of time in HP world, I'm hoping its not super stifling hot like you mentioned, we'll have to hit it very early and very late. Thanks for your thoughts!

We'll be at Portofino in 2 weeks, also! :)

July 18th? How long are you staying? If you see two frazzled parents with three boys running circles around them come and say hi ;)

July 18th? How long are you staying? If you see two frazzled parents with three boys running circles around them come and say hi ;)

We are getting to Orlando late in the day on the 18th, so we're staying nearby that night, checking in early on the 19th. We're staying 2 nights before heading down to Disney, but we'll be at the Universal parks on the 19th 20th and 21st. We'll be the frazzled parents with a 15yo boy and almost-12yo girl, trying to keep them from killing each other. lol

You'll be there during the same time as us :) We are there the whole week- 18th to 25th. This is the first time we don't plan to go to Disney, but we are bringing our tickets (we have a few days left on non-expiration tickets) just in case we can't stay away. Have a great trip :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter