Quick Thoughts On 'Ohana

GeorgiaHoo

DIS Veteran
Ate at 'Ohana for the first time this evening and really enjoyed it. Were seated about 5 mins after our reservation time of 5:05. Bread and salad came out promptly. Bread was good and wife and daughter really liked the salad. Sons loved the dumplings and we all thought the wings were good except the wife, who thought they were bland.

The chicken was very well seasoned if a bit dry. That said, its hard to get chicken right. You definitely don't want it undercooked.

Everyone generally thought the pork was too tough.

The first round of steak was too done and dry. Subsequent servings were much better. Probably medium rare and tasted good.

The shrimp was my favorite. Some of the best I've had and I don't say that lightly. And I can say once and for all that it is deveined.

The stir fry vegetables were very good as were the noodles. I didn't try the dessert but the others liked it. Sauce was the peanut sauce and it was good as well.

Only thing that was lacking a bit was the service. There was a very significant lapse between the first time the servers came around with meat and the second and a number of us sat with empty glasses for a while.

Overall about a 7 out of 10 and we'd go again.

Thanks for the info! We're headed there for dinner in August for the first time and I'm a little apprehensive. But our friends love it so we want to give it a try!

Personally I like my steak medium well to well done so is be more upset if it was medium rare!

Can you request how you'd prefer you steak done? We are med/rare people. Even med is sometimes too well for my liking...over-cooking takes all the flavor away and leaves you chewing and chewing. Please tell me we have the option to choose....

We ate there last month and the steak was delicious. We like ours medium rare and that is what we got. I think they asked us how we liked our meat.

The skewers came fast and often. All in all it was a very good meal. I didn't have the dessert since I had a gluten-free meal. But my ice cream sundae with gluten-free cookies was the best dessert all trip. :)

Hands down one of the best meals at WDW. It is our family tradition to eat here once every trip. This year we added onto the tradition and will head down to the beach after dinner to watch wishes! Great place to eat!

I know that there are a lot of Ohana haters (probably because of all of the hype) but we loved it and would totally eat there again! Glad you enjoyed it. :goodvibes

And for the PP who asked....we were asked how we like our steak cooked and it was perfect! :thumbsup2

We went to 'Ohana last fall for the first time and really liked it. We had a similar experience with the food being good, but the service was just ok. Our server was efficient enough, but just had no personality.

We are going again this fall because DH loved the "meat fest."

We went for the first time June last year. We really enjoyed the food. Was really good. Regular waiter was good, but the waiter who served the meat was a jerk. We had 2 servings of the meat and he acted like we were trying to eat the place out. He made a comment that was really rude, should have taken his name and reported him, but just didn't want to spoil the fun we were having. We would eat here again. Bread pudding was awesome!!

Cindie-rella said:
Can you request how you'd prefer you steak done? We are med/rare people. Even med is sometimes too well for my liking...over-cooking takes all the flavor away and leaves you chewing and chewing. Please tell me we have the option to choose....

Yes, you can request how you would like your steak cooked.

My boyfriend and I LOVE Ohana!! It is so Delicious! the atmosphere is great and the waiters were on point!! It's Disney! Expect the greatest!

I would recommend it, especially if on the meal plan. And Poly is such a great resort to visit. After dinner we hopped on the monorail and spent a few hours at MK.

The shrimp was my favorite. Some of the best I've had and I don't say that lightly. And I can say once and for all that it is deveined.

After watching the many cooking shows my husband records, I'm thrilled to know that 'Ohana takes out the poo-vein!! I never was a shrimp fan, but when I found out about un-deveined shrimp, it totally grossed me out!!

We haven't eaten there for a while, because I couldn't justify paying adult prices for our kids. This summer, the oldest would be 16 and the twins almost 14. So I think we're ready to give it another go. I appreciate your review!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter