Quick survey for those in the US - please help me test out an interesting theory

Closest grocery about 5min away

Live in Florida

Have lived in Florida most of my life

I did blocks, but after reading the purpose, I would've said 1 - 3 minutes (depends upon the light). And Target is 5 minutes away (I timed it - seems so far). And I'm in the north.

1 - How far is the closest grocery store from your house? about 3 miles

2 - What state do lyou live in (if you are not comfortable posting this information, you can just give the part of the county you live in) Connecticut

3 - What state or part of the country have you lived in for most of your life? Connecticut

Carly, you are close. The theory is that people from the south respond in minutes, while northerners respond in miles. We really need more responses from Southerners! Also, I thought it was interesting one poster responded both ways. BTW, I am from the south and always refer to distances in terms of time even if I have to qualify it (ie - 30 minutes with no traffic 45 minutes during rush hour).

Haha I did that. I've always lived in PA and I usually respond by time (5 minutes to the nearest store, 20 minutes to my mom's house :)) but I'm in accounting plus I'm a very logical-minded person so I usually need to know exactly what you're looking for - time or miles? So I gave both! :lmao: I thought it was an east coast/west coast thing - responses in minutes being more east coast and in miles more west coast. Pretty cool study, though.

1 - How far is the closest grocery store from your house?
About a half mile (rarely use it)
2 - What state do lyou live in (if you are not comfortable posting this information, you can just give the part of the county you live in)
Southern California
3 - What state or part of the country have you lived in for most of your life?
Southern California

About 1/4 mile, mayb 1/2 mile at most.

2 - What state do lyou live in (if you are not comfortable posting this information, you can just give the part of the county you live in)
PA

PA

Okay, I'll do it!

1)The closest grocery store to me is 2 and a half miles away.

2)I live in Florida.

I lived in NY for most of my life.

My DD read/heard something rather interesting and I though the DIS would be a great place to test it out. Please answer the following questions WITHOUT reading any of the responses first. This is the one time it is a GOOD thing to poast before reading all the replies. :) Once enough people have replied, I'll come back with the hypothesis and whether or not it seems to have proven correct:

Thanks!

1- 2 mi
2- SC
3- SC

1 - How far is the closest grocery store from your house? About 1 mile but we drive 35 minutes to the one we use
2 - What state do lyou live in (if you are not comfortable posting this information, you can just give the part of the county you live in) Georgia
3 - What state or part of the country have you lived in for most of your life? Deep South

1. About 3 miles
2. South Carolina
3. Lived here my whole life. Just saw my very first Christmas snow! It only took 36 years:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter