Quick Service recommendations at MK

bridgetmck

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone-
Heading down to WDW 4/24-5/2. Haven't been in a few years. And we will be in MK for 2 days. One night we have ADRs for LTT. The second night, we plan on doing a quick service meal for dinner to save on $$$ and on time. I've heard good things about Columbia House and I know that Pecos Bills just went through a re-vamp. But, i don't know much about any of the others. Traveling are myself & DH and our 2 boys 8 YO and 6 YO.

What do you recommend for a good QS dinner?

HA! when I saw the title of this thread, my first two suggestions were Pecos Bills and CHH!! Have not tried Pecos, but the toppings bar looks amazing, as do the fajitas. There is a thread on this restaurant and we will check it out on our next trip. CHH is great, we love it. I love the lighthouse sandwich. I don't think you could go wrong with either.

Columbia Harbor House is a favorite for us. We also tried Pinocchio Village Haus last time and were really impressed. The flatbreads were quite tasty and it was fun to watch Small World boats pass by while we ate.

I know it gets a lot of love here, but the one place we avoid at all costs is Cosmic Rays. Gross. Just gross. We threw out our meals the one time we tried it. Yuck all the way around.

Pinocchio's flatbread is good I think & I like Columbia Harbor House! Pecos Bill's made me sick, really sick (condiment bar I think) and Cosmic Ray's was a zoo at dinner and my salad was soggy.
Tortuga Tavern has a new menu of bbq but we didn't try it.

DH loves Casey's so we usually go there if we are having a QS meal at the MK. We ended up in Pinocchio's for lunch one day and we were pleasantly surprised with how much we enjoyed it. I had a flatbread pizza but I don't remember what DH had...it was good though.

Yes CHH is a good one. We went with a group of 11 and everyone was pleased with their food.
Pinocchio's is ok food wise but it is fun to get a spot above the Small World boats, so it gets extra points that way!
We tried Caseys for the first time last trip and enjoyed it but it was pretty pricey for hot dog meals.
Usually I would have said to go get a savory Waffle sandwich from sleepy hollow but I've heard they have been discontinued. (Moment of silence please for my kids favorite QS meal, the spicy chicken waffle sandwich)
I have to agree w previous poster... Cosmic Rays is a big NO for us. Had the worst food there. Gross.

I agree with everyone! Columbia Harbor house, Pecos Bill (new toppings bar is great) and Pinocchio's. Just also wanted to say that our meals from Cosmic Rays were terrible. I threw away my veggie burger and went to get a big ice cream cookie sandwich from Sleepy Hallow to cheer me up.

For me, the best thing for the $ is at Friar's Nook. It's a tiny counter service between the princess m&g and the Pooh ride.... Pot Roast Mac&Cheese. It's incredibly filling too, I usually share one with whoever I'm with at the time, never been able to finish one on my own (also a very small eater) and we're not hungry for several hours.
I haven't been back to Peco's since the re-vamp but it a good place to go. Supposedly the new nachos are similar to the old taco salad which would be the best value for your $ thanks to the topping bar, but sadly I have no idea since I haven't had them myself. CHH is also amazing, second floor is the place you want to go if you want a quiet dinner too.
Def avoid Cosmic ray's. Not only is the food gross, but they are always super crowded. I heard once that Cosmic rays was the single restaurant on property that produced the most food, and was supposedly one of the highest volume of food produced per hour in the nation :earseek:.

I was at Pecos last week, got the nachos then loaded them up from the toppings bar. Loved it. It was around 6:30 on a Friday night so it was very crowded and they seemed to be having a few issues but once I got my food I had no problem finding a table, the back/back/back room was almost empty.

We also tried Skipper's Canteen, while not a QS it is a TS where you don't need ADRs and we really liked the food there. The service was just sort of o.k. and it is a tad pricey but my grown son and I shared the appetizer that comes with 4 different things (sorry can't remember the name) and the veggie dish (again can't remember the name) and both walked away pretty satisfied, I was fuller than the tick, he was just o.k.

Columbia Harbor House is a favorite. I craved the hummus sandwich the whole time we were there...I was twelve weeks prego with my second!!

So we were just there and intended to have dinner at Pecos Bill. When we got there I was SO disappointed to see that they only had TWO kids items - uncrustables and mac&cheese. Seriously? No quesadilla, no tacos?? My boys had actually eaten mac&cheese earlier that day and I wouldn't let them get it again. So DH ordered food for the grownups at Pecos and I hoofed it it with the kids to CHH to get chicken nuggets (which looked very good!)

We liked Pinocchio's also - got a few flatbreads and a chicken sandwich to share.

CHH or Pinocchio is what I'd recommend. Have you thought about The Plaza? Probably run you $2-5 a person more than a quick service place but better quality. You'll need a reservation though. Not a fan of Pecos Bill.

When we got there I was SO disappointed to see that they only had TWO kids items - uncrustables and mac&cheese. Seriously? No quesadilla, no tacos??

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!!!

Have you thought about The Plaza? Probably run you $2-5 a person more than a quick service place but better quality.
Yes, been trying to get a last minute ADR but no luck yet. We were also considering a walk up for Skipper's Canteen--this is actually our #1 pick, but I'm planning a QS as a back up.

Like other have mentioned, we love Pinocchio Village Haus, especially if you can get a seat by the big windows overlooking Small World. My kids had a ball waving to the boats as they took off.

Another vote for CHH. We didn't get there this visit and I was sad! (Ended up at Cosmic Ray's one day instead. Meh. Very pleasant service, but not great food.)

We did a walk-up at Skipper Canteen the first week of March and were seated within five to ten minutes. Definitely pricier than a QS but the arepas appetizer and char siu pork were delicious. Also the rice felt like it helped make the meal a little lighter.

We tried Pecos a couple nights ago and it was a pleasant surprise. I had the chicken fajita plate and DH had a beef burrito. They give you a crazy amount of food. Neither of us could finish. The meats were seasoned very well. It was a nice change from typical theme park food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter