Quick service in parks?

jimmytammy

<font color=purple>Swivel, it's a hard habit to br
Hey folks! We are slipping in a quick trip in March and winging it with no ADR's, doing quick service only this trip. So I am wondering what are some of you favorite QS places in parks and what is a must order every trip at those places.
TIA

For Magic Kingdom-

Tortuga Tavern is my favorite QS location, but it's hardly ever open. Their taco salad is delicious! Be Our Guest is top-notch when it comes to QS locations, but only for lunch. They've got amazing sandwiches and offerings like quiche, not to mention "the gray stuff", but it can be hard to get into. Pinocchio Village Haus and Cosmic Ray's are two other QS locations that are open for lunch and dinner and serve conventional food (hamburgers, nuggets, etc.) The only time I ever had a QS breakfast in MK was at Gaston's Tavern and it was okay- it's great if you like the cinnamon buns in the park! And Lefou's Brew is delicious :)

For Epcot-

The Land has a really good QS restaurant with a highly acclaimed strawberry shortcake dessert. Really, whatever kind of food you're in the mood for, you can find it in the world showcase. The fish and chips in United Kingdom are always a favorite, though :)

For Disney Hollywood Studios-

DHS is a big mess when it comes to QS locations, there's very few of them and some of them (i.e. pizza planet) just aren't good. The ABC Commissary is supposed to be the best.

For Animal Kingdom-

There's plenty of great QS locations here. Flame Tree BBQ and Yak and Yeti are my favorites :) The ribs at flame tree bbq are things of legends.

MK - Columbia Harbor House for fish and chips or tuna sandwich.

AK - Flame Tree

EP - we always end up at the American Pavilion because of our special needs daughter. But there's turkey legs over there if that's your thing.

HS - we always end up at ABC Commissary.

For the Studios, I highly recommend Fairfax Fare on Sunset Boulevard. The 1/2 chicken looks like a Purdue turkey crossed with some chicken on steroids and is delicious. Knife and fork will be needed. My husband loves the BBQ pork hot dog and we once sat with a young man who had the regular BBQ pork sandwich and they both agreed the amount of BBQ pork on each selection was the same. The ribs here are also very good and after my husband finished his hot dog, he had to help me with the ribs since they were so filling. The only downfall to this place is the lack of seating since it shares seating with several other places. We just ask if we can share a table with other folks and have never had a problem with that.

Our second choice at the Studios is the Studio Catering Company at the back of the park near the Backlot Tour entrance. Lots of seating there and our favorites are the Sloppy Joe sandwich and the Toasted Tuscan Deli. The spicy chicken sandwich is another favorite too.

Since the Studios is not our favorite park for the attractions, we find the food to be the highlight and plan a meal there every trip.

Some of my faves (similar to aaarcher a little above me):

MK - Columbia Harbor House for the tuna sandwich, sometimes Pecos Bill and more recently, Be Our Guest for the ham and cheese sandwich.

EP - Liberty Inn at American Adventure...decent burger, Yorkshire Fish and Chips at England, Mexico QS outside

AK - Flame Tree (might do Pizzafari next trip since Flame Tree will be in rehab)

HS - ABC Commissary - mostly because I'm not thrilled with the rest - wish they'd bring back the Cuban sandwich though

MK- Columbia Harbor House is awesome ( foo allergy in family too)
Epcot-Tangeriene Cafe in Morocco...no contest
Studios- Backlot...
AK- I liked the little food place on the corner in Africa,across from the Africa bakery-it had various curry dishes,plus a Dole whip with coconut rum(mmm) It wasn't called Dole whip here,just pineapple softserve- My ds1 ate Flame Tree Barbecue at the kiosk on two days and loved it

MK - there are bunches but I like Pecos Bill (I think that is the name near Splash Mountain) since they have a huge toppings bar and you can really do what you want.

Epcot - the land has loads of choices. I love Tangeriene Cafe in Morocco and the small cafe inside of France. Basically just about any of the countries have decent QS.

Studios - As others have said the choices are limited so I just tend to do a sit down like Brown Derby. Or leave the park and go to one of the resorts.

AK - There is a little walk up stand near Everest that has things like fried rice, which is more food than I can eat. I love it since it has a nice big seating area behind it and you don't normally have to fight for somewhere to sit.

MK- Our absolute fave is Columbia Harbor House. We also love Pinnochio Village Haus.

AK- Flame Tree all the way!!!

EPCOT- We typically do a lot of sit down credits here, but when we do a quick lunch it is usually at the Land or La Cantina. The churros are amazing!

HS- ABC Commissary is the best we have had as far as QS goes. Pizza Planet was awful IMO.

Hmmm, best/favorite QS eateries? In our opinion . . .
Parks:
. . . EP:.... Sunshine Seasons
. . . MK:.... Columbia Harbour House (BoG a close second)
. . . AK:.... Flame Tree (good ribs)
. . . HS:.... Backlot Epress
. . . BB:.... Lottawatta Lodge
. . . TL..... Typhoon Tilly's
. . . DTD:.. Earl of Sandwich
Resorts:
. . . DEL:... Capt Cook's at Poly
. . . MOD:..Sassagoula Flatworks at POFQ
. . . VAL:... Landscapes of Flavor at AoA
. . . DVC:. Artist Pallette at SSR

We love Sunshine Seasons at EPCOT - so many choices and good size portions, lots of seating too.

At Animal Kingdom we like Flame Tree BBQ.

No favorites in the other two parks.

At MK I love the Sweet & Spicy Chicken Waffle sandwich at Sleepy Hollow. They also have a few other sandwiches, and lots of waffle selections. At Epcot, we eat at Sunshine Seasons every trip - they have a big selection of foods and everyone always finds something they love.

My Must do: Lamb shawarma platter at Tangierine Cafe in Morocco. I've also really liked the fish & chips at the UK pavilion and the Norwegian Club sandwich and troll horn at Kringla, and the ham & cheese croissant and way too many dessert choices at Les Halles in France. That's all at Epcot.

MK - Columbia Harbour House for the tuna sandwich and the clam chowder
AK - Flame Tree Barbeque - great
DHS - Backlot Express - we find is the best of not very good choices
EC - Many places in WS including:
La Cantina in Mexico for the tacos, Sommerfest in Germany, Katusra Grill in Japan, Tangerine Café in Morocco, Bakery in France, and Yorkshire Fish & Chips in the UK

The Land has a really good QS restaurant with a highly acclaimed strawberry shortcake dessert. Really, whatever kind of food you're in the mood for, you can find it in the world showcase. The fish and chips in United Kingdom are always a favorite, though :)

I wasn't the OP, but this is so helpful…thank you! We have ADRs for dinner every night and some lunches but for other lunch times and for breakfast, we don't have reservations.

MK - Columbia harbor house, sleepy hollow for waffle sandwiches, and Casey's for corn dog nuggets

EP - sunshine seasons and tangerine cafe - both offer fresh, great food and huge portions

MGM - starring rolls or take the boat to boardwalk and eat at the boardwalk bakery

AK - flame tree

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter