• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

quick service Dining plan

misspickle

DIS Veteran
can someone please explain the dining plan this is the first time that we have purchased it, and should I upgrade from quick service?
It's all confusing

Thanks x

I'll try ... :)

Quick service Dining plan = per person per night stayed
2 Quick Service meals
1 Snack
1 resort refillable mug
So this would get you 2 meals at any counter service establishment i.e. Cosmic Rays or Pinnochio's Village Haus (or a hotel QS outlet ie All stars food court)
That meal is an entree plus soft drink plus dessert
The snack is an item such as an ice cream, coffee, cupcake etc.

Regular Dining Plan - per person per night stayed
1 Quick Service meal
1 Table Service Meal
1 Snack
1 resort refillable mug
This gets you the 1 QS meal and snack and mug as above but replaces the second QS with a Table Service meal
The Table service meal entitles you to an entree and dessert and soft drink from any table service restaurant i.e. T.Rex or Mama Melrose etc.
But beware the TS meal does not cover your tips ( approx 20% is usual) and any alcoholic beverages.

Deluxe Dining Plan - per person per night stayed
3 meals (any combination of Table service or Quick service)
2 snacks
1 refillable mug
Really for serious foodies ! Or very very hungry people :)
Real foodies use this sometimes as the posher end of the restaurant scale, ie Victoria and Alberts, Narcossee's and other Disney Signature restaurants charge 2 credits for one meal.

We used the Regular plan last year and found it was plenty of food - we had unused QS credits at the end of 14 days.

Hope this helps a little. My trip report 'seven years is too long' has details of the restaurants and credits we used.

Tony

As already mentioned, you will get 2 quick service meals and 1 snack per person per night of your stay on QSDP.

If your happy eating this way then leave it as it is. You can get a variety of meals on QS now. If your thinking of having a few table service meals or character buffets, you may want to look into the cost you will be paying out of pocket against the upgrade cost. Don't forget to counter in tips on the table service meals when making calculations.

For our family of 4, we always do the DDP as we like to have a sit down meal in the evening and enjoy the character meals, so if we were staying at a moderate, we would upgrade. Our tips worked out about $400 last year over 2 weeks but we were already on DDP.

It all depends on how and what you want to eat.

Have a look at the menus, they come in very handy.

Hi, we have done both QS and DP. Personally we prefer the QS because you need no reservations, you eat when you are hungry and the type of food you fancy at the time. We found a good selection of foods, including, salmon, chicken, pasta, curry, Chinese and salads as well as the usual burgers and pizza's. You can find a list of QS and TS places and menus on this site which may help you to decide which you want to do.
we will be having one TS meal at Boma which will be oop.

cal :-)

Whether you should upgrade really requires you to know how you would prefer to eat and how much. You need to look at menus and do the maths. The DP is a great deal for my husband and DS free or paid for. They tend to eat the most expensive meat dishes at TS places and always want a desert. They can also easily eat a full CS meal daily with desert and another for breakfast if me and DD donate some of our credits! For me it's not great as I prefer appetisers to mains at many TS restaurants and generally don't want a desert and for my DD who is a Disney adult but eats like a bird it's a complete waste of either food or money if free or paid for. As a family it's worth getting it for free when we all go. It's not free though, the DP cost us nearly $500 in tips last time we had it. When me and DD went alone a room discount was much better deal for us at 30% off than any free dining plan could ever have been.

That meal is an entree plus soft drink plus dessert

Dessert is only included for lunch or dinner
Breakfast only includes an entrée and a soft drink

Advice for OP, if you use a CS credit at your hotel, take a bottled beverage from the refrigerators and use your resort mug for the meal
That will make you a bottled drink to use later, at the prks for example

If you're using a CS credit at your hotel for lunch or dinner and you don't feel like you're hungry enough for dessert, get a pastry, brownie or something lile that and ask to have it boxed. Take it back to the room and put it in the fridge. That will make you a free breakfast for the next day, using your mug for drinks

At some hotels you can also get pizzas. A large pizza for take out costs 2 CS credits andincludes 2 desserts and 2 beverages
Be aware that inroom pizza delivery is available at select resorts but costs 2 TS credits (ouch !)

we upgraded as we had a large list of character meals on our to do list , im not sure if it was the best value doing so but knowing how much it was before made budgeting for the holiday costs easier

as someone mentioned, the downside of the table service dining plan is having to make advance reservations and having to pay tips on your table service meals.
that being said, we enjoy having a long leisurely table service meal in the middle of the day - it breaks up the day and allows us to cool off and recuperate in air conditioned comfort.
because of this, several times i upgraded us from the quick service plan - even though it wasn't really cost effective - but we enjoyed it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter