Quick Service Dining Plan

Disney_Stitch626

Earning My Ears
Hi there!

I am a complete newbie when it comes to the DDP- I am heading out to the world in just under 3 weeks :woohoo: staying at Coronado Springs, and have qualified for free Quick Service Dining Plan. I understand that I will get 2 meals and 2 snacks a day for the length of my stay, and that the 'meals' consist of a drink, entree and dessert (at quick service locations). My question is however, do they have to be purchased at the same place? For instance can I have my entree from the Japan pavilion in EPCOT, and then hop on over for some Strudel in the Germany pavilion for my dessert?

Any help you can give me would be wonderful :)

Thanks in advance!

Unfortunately, no. You must get all aspects of the plan when you order.

And you will get the credits based on the number of nights you booked, not necessarily length of stay.

For example, if you are staying for 10 nights, you will get 20 CS credits and 20 snack credits to use up during your stay.

The credits can be used from the time you check in until midnight on your check out day. And, they can be used in any order you want. We just came back and didn't always use our snack credits up. I ended up having 8 left yesterday when we checked out so I bought some fudge and cookies to take home with us.

Whoops, that's what I meant by my length of stay- the number of nights I am there. Sorry I didn't make that very clear.

Ah okay, thanks for clearing that up :)

I've had a look on the snack credit thread, and it looks as though there are many things I can purchase using a snack credit- so it would be good to have some things to take home with me.

True - unless there is a PIN out there that gives you free quick service, you're staying at a moderate. Under the terms of the general public offer you get the regular dining plan free at a moderate, not the quick service, and you can't downgrade a free plan.

The OP is in the UK. UK guests only get QSDP with a mod (regular with a deluxe resort and no free dining with a value). Hope that clears up the mystery. ;)

The OP is in the UK. UK guests only get QSDP with a mod (regular with a deluxe resort and no free dining with a value). Hope that clears up the mystery. ;)

um, i live in the states, but yeah...WTH is that about? why would they do that. its bad enough ppl from overseas have to pay more to get here. why would disney give them less! thats just wrong. :sad1:

Ah of course, a UK guest.

why would disney give them less! thats just wrong.

It's not "wrong," it's business. British guests don't have to stop at 14 nights of free dining, they can have 21 nights if they want - is it wrong that US guests can't get 21 nights? Brits can also buy up to 14 night park tickets at a discounted price.

Seriously - Disney knows that guests from the UK usually stay around two to three weeks. So if they want the basic plan free they need to book a deluxe, and they can't get free dining at a value at all.

Also, it's more likely that an American traveller would be able to book on impulse and get to WDW, with international visitors if they plan to come, they will come regardless.

Luckily in Australia we don't have a localized Walt Disney World website, so we can just book at the regular site and receive the standard offer.

I've had a look on the snack credit thread, and it looks as though there are many things I can purchase using a snack credit- so it would be good to have some things to take home with me.

True there are lots and lots of good snacks on the list especially at Main Street Bakery. We did the QSDP this summer and LOVED it. Just wanted to say though most morning we used one of our snack credits to grab a pastry in the morning, not very healthy but DH and me are just grab a piece of toast in the morning people, then we would have an early lunch. Even by doing this we still had a lot of snack credits left at the end of the week. Have fun!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter