• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quick Service Dining Plan for family of five

I have never used any dining plan because it has always seemed like way to much food for us. But the Quick Service might just work. I have a question about the food. We always stay at a DVC resort and have a kitchen. So breakfast is something we always do in our room. Can the breakfast credit be used for lunch? Thanks for your help.

great reviews so far - we never know what to do at cs so this is really helpful. We do love flametree but WPE looks amazing for cs. :goodvibes:

Thanks for the awesome reviews!
Your sunshine seasons meal looks wonderful.....do you know if the chicken was white meat or mixed? Also, did you notice if there was a reuben on the sunshine seasons menu when you were there? I've heard people talk about it, but i've never been able to find it on the allears menu...?

Thanks and Welcome back!!!!

Sorry, but I do not know if the chicken was white meat or mixed. I knew exactly what I was getting here, so I did not walk around to the other stations to look at the menus. I know that the allears menu was not accurate at some of the places we went, so if people are talking about having a reuben there, I bet it is now on the menu.

I have never used any dining plan because it has always seemed like way to much food for us. But the Quick Service might just work. I have a question about the food. We always stay at a DVC resort and have a kitchen. So breakfast is something we always do in our room. Can the breakfast credit be used for lunch? Thanks for your help.

You can use your meal credits for any meal of the day. You are given two meals credits per night you are staying per the number of people in your group. There were five of us staying for six nights so we got 60 meal credits. You start off with the total you have for your entire stay and they do not care what day, what time, or what meal you use them for. In fact, we arrived so late on Sunday (it was actually 12:15 am on Monday before we got to the resort) we weren't able to use any meal or snack credits that day. They just carried over until the end of our trip. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need further clarification.

Even after walking around Downtown Disney for awhile, none of us were hungry enough to buy a snack to eat then and there. Before leaving, we ended up at Goofy's Candy Company and each of the kids picked out one thing they could take back to the room with them to eat later. Both DD and DS1 got the 5 ounce lollipops and DS2 got a bag of sour sweet tarts. DH and I got these huge rice krispy blocks with chocolate on the top. They were put in a bag and we didn't eat them until Friday. I thought it was good, but would have been more fresh if we ate them that night. Total for these five snacks was $21.04.

Day 4 found us at Magic Kingdom. Space Mountain was first on the list and after riding that a couple of times as well as a few other rides, we were hungry for breakfast. A CM told us about Auntie Gravity's which was on my snack list so we used snack credits on five smoothies (2 cappuccino and 3 strawberry banana) and one muffin that we all had a bite out of. The smoothies were very filling. Total cost for these six snacks was $25.08.

Lunch was at Pecos Bill's. I had not had a burger on the trip yet, so I got the deluxe cheeseburger and fries, DS2 got the angus cheeseburger and fries, DS1 got a BBQ sandwich and fries, and DH and DD got chicken wraps and fries. We were thirsty and ordered large drinks. For dessert DS1 got yogurt and two of us got chocolate cake while the other two got carrot cake.

Foodpics020.jpg

This is before I take it to the toppings bar to add my extras.

Foodpics019.jpg

DS2 burger had barbecue sauce on it and he said it was really good.

Foodpics017.jpg

This BBQ sandwich reminds me of the one I had at Liberty Inn. DS1 liked it and thought the yogurt was a nice break from the cakes.

Foodpics021.jpg

This wrap was huge! After eating a little over half of it, both DH and DD opened it up to just eat the inside of it. DD complained there was not alot of chicken once she opened it up.

After seeing the topping bar, I think I would have been happier having the taco salad. It is basically meat in the taco shell (bowl) and then you go add all the extras. We were still pleased with this meal. Total cost was $77.59.

Before we headed back to the resort for the afternoon, we had to have a snack and I knew just what we were going to try! We stopped at Aloha Isle and got five pineapple dole whips. Truthfully, I can't remember if I asked everyone if this is what they wanted for their snack or just ordered them but DS2 was not impressed and got mad that I had ordered that for him. DH and I ended up eating his on the way to the front of the park to leave. We thought they were great. Cost for five dole whips was around $16.00.

DS2 was still in a bad mood when it was time to head back to Magic Kingdom so I took him to the food court to get his dinner. He chose a chicken quesadilla, green beans (he didn't want black beans or rice), Nestle chocolate milk (good to know you could have something other than what was at the soda fountain when you ordered a meal), and a chocolate chip cookie. I forgot to take a picture of his dinner. It cost around $13.00 and he said it was good.

The rest of us ate at Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe. We went around 8:00 pm and that place was packed. It was the first time we ordered our food without being able to find a place to sit down first. DD and DS1 went to one station and DH and I went to another station. One thing I never did on the trip (other than maybe with the dole whip) was telling the kids what they had to order. DS1 got a hot dog. On the dining plan where I am trying to maximize it to our benefit, I would never order a hot dog, but that was what he wanted, so that is what he got. DD got the bacon angus cheeseburger. They each got the sugar free brownies. DS1 ate his. Probably because his hot dog did not fill him up and they forgot to give him his fries. DD thought it was disgusting and pitched hers. The cost of their two meals was $26.99.

Foodpics022.jpg

Foodpics024.jpg

DH and I went for the more expensive things on the menu. He got the half chicken with mashed potatoes and green beans. I got the como - chicken and ribs with mashed potatoes and green beans. We all got large drinks. I got chocolate cake and he got carrot cake.

Foodpics023.jpg

Foodpics025.jpg

The chicken was very good. The mashed potatoes were very good. The green beans were very good. I can't say the same about the ribs. They were nothing like Flame Tree. I couldn't pull them apart and I found that I couldn't cut them apart either. I picked off the top of them and then gave up. I had plenty of food and didn't go away hungry. I must say, I was starting to get tired of the chocolate cake though. The cost of our two meals was $38.38.

Thanks for all the awesome pictures!

We have decided not to do any table service meals at all on this trip, we are staying in a villa and will have breakfast in our room but will do counter service for lunch & dinner. I'm looking forward to not having to have to rush off for an ADR!!

It has been a loooong time since we had a spontaneous disney vacation!!:banana:

That night we went to Downtown Disney where we hit the JACKPOT with our quick service dining plan by eating at Wolfgang Puck Express. We took one look at the prices on the menu and I had to go ask a server if we could use our plan to eat here. Her response was, "Yes, you can have anything on the menu." The total for this meal was $108.90.:thumbsup2

WPE is our FAVORITE CS restaurant at DW!!! It really feels more like a TS place and has the best food. We go at least twice each trip. Glad you loved it!!! :goodvibes

I think DS1 was still hungry when we got back to the resort because the next receipt I find is for a waffle cone at the food court. That boy LOVES ice cream! Cost for this snack was $3.95

We are now at Day 5 which is going to be our second day at Magic Kingdom and final day of going to a park. We still have 21 quick service meals left. If you remember from the beginning of my report, we arrived too late on Sunday to use any credits. While I know that breakfast does not give you the value compared to other meals, we are at the point of "use it or lose it". We decided to use it and eat breakfast at the food court before heading to Magic Kingdom. They really offer a wide variety of things to eat.

DS1 chose the french toast and sausage. I got the bounty platter. I probably ate three fourths of it if that, but I am still trying to spend wisely. DH, DD, and DS2 all got western omelettes. Three got juice to drink and two of us got chocolate milk.

Foodpics026.jpg

Foodpics028.jpg

Foodpics027.jpg

The kids thought their omelette was too cheesy and from what I saw, it was. My bounty platter had a good variety. My least favorite thing on it was the potatoes. Total cost for this meal was $50.94.

After riding rides for a couple of hours we are hot and in need of a snack. We had just gotten off Jungle Cruise so I looked at the park map and we were near Sunshine Tree Terrace which would have something cold to quench our thirst. DD orders a raspberry lemonade slush, DS1 orders a coke float, I order a french vanilla cappuccino float, DH orders a mocha cappuccino float and DS2 orders what he thought was going to be an orarge-raspberry slush. Instead we get an orange slush and a orange-raspberry lemonade slush. DD goes ahead and takes the orange slush as her own. DS2 again feels cheated out of getting the snack he wanted. I tell him that orange-raspberry was never an option because it was always raspberry lemonade. I think we do some trading to make him happy. DD takes my float, gives DS2 her orange slush, and I tolerate the orange-raspberry lemonade slush. Cost of this snack was $21.04. Stick with either an orange or raspberry lemonade slush and do not try to mix them together. All the other things we got were good.

Lunch this day is at Pinocchios. I order the meatball sub with fries, the boys get the chicken nuggets with fries, DD gets the caesar salad with chicken, and DH gets the mediterranean salad. We are still thirsty. Four of us get large drinks and DS1 gets a regular. We have one chocolate cake (not me) and four strawberry cheesecakes for dessert.

Foodpics032.jpg

Foodpics030.jpg

Foodpics029.jpg

Foodpics031.jpg

My meatball sub was really good. Both DH and DD enjoyed their salads. The boys were not tired for chicken nuggets, but I guess it had been a few days since they had them. Total cost of this meal was $75.14.

We don't eat again until dinner. It is our last night at Disney World. Hummm...I wonder where it will be????

The only place left on my list to eat at Magic Kingdom was Columbia Harbor House. I really wanted to try the shrimp. Unfortunately, no one else in my family was that excited to go there. So we decided to go back to Downtown Disney! We learned that we could catch a bus from Downtown Disney to one of the resorts by Magic Kingdom and ride the monorail over. Magic Kingdom was having EMH that night and we knew we were going to stay late, so why not?

I would have been happy for all of us to eat at Wolfgang Puck Express again but we never did look at the Earl of Sandwich menu and that was also on my list for Downtown Disney. After looking at the menu, DS2 wants to get a sandwich so DH decides to eat there with him while I take DD and DS1 to WPE. The guys get a Hawaiian BBQ and Caribbean Jerk Chicken. They were disappointed chips did not come with the meal. They got a chocolate pudding and strawberry shortcake for dessert. And, they got two regular drinks.

Foodpics033.jpg

Foodpics034.jpg

Both of them said their sandwiches and desserts were good. Total cost for this meal was $21.24

We all decided to get pizza at WPE. While I know two would have fed us, we did get three because we already had one meal from Tuesday night that didn't get used, and I didn't want another to not get used. The kids got cookies for dessert and I got the cheesecake again.

Foodpics035.jpg

They brought out my pizza and DD's pizza and advised they had cooked DS1's pizza too long and so they were redoing it. They brought him out french fries to munch on while he waited. I steered him away from the fries and DD invited him to start helping her eat her pizza while he waited. It didn't seem to take too long to get his pizza out.

We did have an incident that I had to go to the front counter to get resolved.
They had originally charged us for four quick service meals when only three were purchased. They took a look at the receipts and promptly put four meals back onto our account and then took the correct three off our account. Once the situation was resolved it was no big deal. Total cost for this meal was $59.17.

Thank you for a wonderful report! Like you I know what i will be eating in a few months a

At 11:35 pm while the kids were in line to ride Dumbo, we walked over to Mrs. Pott's Cupboard to get a large sprite and root beer float. We were able to get the sprite to the kids while they waited as they were very thirsty. DH had the root beer float. When they got off Dumbo we got back in line where they ordered chocolate ice cream in a bowl, a coke float, and a vanilla milkshake. Cost of these five snacks was $18.81. We were down to 14 snack credits that still needed to be used.

On our way to Space Mountain, I stopped at Auntie Gravity's and got a strawberry banana smoothie. Cost was $4.47

On our way to leave Magic Kingdom at 1:00 am, we stopped at Confectionary where I purchased a bag of gummy candy and sour worms. DS2 got a Mickey Mouse cake pop, and a vanilla cupcake. Cost of these four snacks was $16.83 and we were down to nine snack credits that needed to be used.

I have to admit, I fell down on my job of taking pictures at breakfast on the day of our departure. We had to get our luggage packed and checked in, and on our way back to the room we stopped at the food court for breakfast where I realized I forgot my camera. We were about 45 minutes from needing to be at the bus stop for the Magical Express, so I did not go to the room to get it.

I can tell you that I ordered the bacon, egg, cheese croissant with chocolate milk and it was very good. DS1 got biscuits and gravy and chocolate milk. The other three got the bounty platter that I had the day before. The opted for french toast instead of Mickey waffles and also got a biscuit that I had not gotten with my meal. They all ordered chocolate milk. Total cost for this meal was $48.60. It was filling, thank goodness, because once we got to the airport our flight was delayed.

Okay, we still have nine snack credits to use and at this point I don't care what they get! The kids final snack purchases were two cotton candy, one twix bar, one crisped rice treat, and one bag of doritos. These five snacks cost $17.16 With four more more credits to use, I grab two bags of gummy candy and two bags of lollipops. These four snacks were $16.91. Whew, we got them all used!

Next up - The totals are in. How did we fare on the quick service dining plan?

Oooooo. The suspense is killing me.

Great review! We may have to grab the mediterranian salad from Pinocchios next visit! Looks refreshing, somehow we always end up at Columbia Harbour House.

I have really enjoyed reading your reviews! We are also QS kind of people, with maybe one or two table services thrown in the mix!
Can't wait to hear how you did on the QSDP!:)

Great reviews! I especially can't wait to see your $$ totals.:rolleyes1 I am too unorganized to save and tally up all of the receipts when I'm at WDW.:sad2: I'm lucky I don't lose my KTTW card!:rolleyes:

8-8
Meals: Catalina Eddies - $75 and ABC Commissary - $83 = $158
Snacks: Teen and Tweens - $25 and Food Court - $10 = $35
Total for the day - $193

8-9
Meals: Liberty Inn - $74, Food Court - $13, and Sunshine Seasons - $52 = $139
Snacks: Sunshine Seasons - $3.29 and Food Court - $12.00 = $15.29
Total for the day - $154.29
8-10
Meals: Flame Tree Barbeque - $73 and Wolfgang Puck Express - $108.90 = $181.90
Snacks: Food Court - $19.42 and Goofy's Candy Company - $21.04 = $40.26
Total for the day - $222.36

8-11
Meals: Pecos Bill's - $77.59, Food Court - $13, and Cosmic Rays - $65.37 = $155.96
Snacks: Auntie Gravities - $25.08, Aloha Isle - $16, and Food Court - $4 = $45.08
Total for the day - $201.04

8-12
Meals: Food Court - $50.94, Pinocchios - $75.14, WPE - $59.17, and Earl of Sandwich - $21.24 = $206.49
Snacks: Sunshine Tree Terrace - $21.04, Mrs. Potts Cupboard - $18.81, Auntie Gravity's - $4.47, and Confectionary - $16.83 = $61.15
Total for the day - $267.64

8-13
Meals: Food Court - $48.59
Snacks: Food Court - $34.07
Total for the day - $82.66

Total Meals and Snacks = $1120.99 + Refillable Mugs - $69.95 = $1190.94
Cost of Quick Service Dining Plan for five people for six days = $1049.70

My totals indicate we came out ahead $141.24.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter