Quick Service at DHS?

I also agree with the PP that it's hard to find good CS at HS. I actually ended up liking Pizza Planet though. The pizza isn't gourmet obviously but I liked it more than I was expecting. It's also well-themed after Toy Story with arcade games. Starring Roles looked like it had some good sandwiches too, though we just ate cupcakes here (which are AMAZING!)

lol, DH & I split a sammie & dive into a cupcake with our forks.:cloud9:

wasteland is apt description, mostly as to unimaginative food offerings. The 'gourmet' hot dog I had a few years back has dubious distinction of worst food ever @ a Disney park.

DL manages to have varied, tasty options; many at outdoor locations. jhmo but mgmt. has no real incentive to up their game as the park's TS venues would likely suffer.

We are usually there when it is Hot, our favorite is Backlot Express. It is located by Star Tours. We enjoy the indoor or outdoor seating and there is a self serve drink station, it is great for refills on hot days.

We never plan to spend the whole day at DHS, but most times we end up there all day. :) We usually eat at the ABC Commissary. I love their Asian salad with chicken. My son loves the burger, but he loves all burgers. There aren't many other options there.

Hollywood Studios is (in my opinion) a wasteland for quick service dining. ...

I totally agree. While not awful, I think DHS is easily the weakest park for CS.

...I actually ended up liking Pizza Planet though. The pizza isn't gourmet obviously but I liked it more than I was expecting. It's also well-themed after Toy Story with arcade games...

Not a big fan of Pizza Planet and I disagree with the theming comment. The pizza is better than it used to be, and if you're looking for pizza, it is probably the place to go. But don't think Toy Story theming. Its basically a bunch of tables with arcade machines. The last thing I needed my kids to do is play the same arcade games than can be found at home. And, of course, the arcade games aren't free.

...ABC Commissary can get crowded but is entirely inside with a large seating area, also they have an Asian salad there that I like...

That's where we usually wind up and I also like the Asian salad. (But I wish they'd bring back the Cuban sandwich)

ABC Commissary was decent. Salmon was okay. Did you know they have steak on the menu? I tried it, and it was actually pretty good for a fast food steak. The slush drink was lovely!

(But I wish they'd bring back the Cuban sandwich)

Funny how opinions can very so much from one person to another. The Cuban sandwich was the first thing I ever tried at ABC Commissary; I took one bite and promptly used my napkin to remove it from my mouth. LOL... That and the rest of the sandwich found it's way into the garbage. :sick:

Funny how opinions can very so much from one person to another. The Cuban sandwich was the first thing I ever tried at ABC Commissary; I took one bite and promptly used my napkin to remove it from my mouth. LOL... That and the rest of the sandwich found it's way into the garbage. :sick:

Well, I guess more would agree with you on that one and not me. Its been gone a few years now...

Does anyone know what: Power Pack includes for the kids meal at Starring Rolls? The only other option is a PB& J and 2 of my 3 are allergic to PB..

My wife and I have found that the chicken sandwich at the back lot express is typically decent and on our last trip we ate there twice. But after Army food I'm not terribly picky on what I eat.

I'm going to go with the trend here and say that it's not the greatest park for a quick service meal. The only time I've ever had a quick service meal there was at the ABC Family café, and I got a burger, nothing special. I'd make the short trip to the Boardwalk or something and eat at the ESPN Club. Or even Beaches and Cream at Yacht and Beach Club. Get more value for your dollar.

We did the ABC Commissary the last time we were at DHS. It was good. Standard CS Disney fare. That's what we were expecting. No surprise. There is not a "we must eat here" for us at DHS so we grab something if we need to eat. We tried the Hollywood Brown Derby once. It was good, but not really worth the price(that was years ago). We usually have dinner scheduled at EPCOT.

Add another one for the Backlot Express. It is our go-to for QS at Studios. I like the Pressed Turkey Club they have there. It's around $10.00 or so.

I too like this spot as it is "tucked away" and has several seating options & refillable beverages so my wife and I usually share a drink here.

Vegetarian quick service options in Hollywood Studios are even more limited... I can only eat a grilled veggie sandwich so many times. If I don't do table service, I'll end up snacking until we head somewhere else.

I'm going to go with the trend here and say that it's not the greatest park for a quick service meal. The only time I've ever had a quick service meal there was at the ABC Family café, and I got a burger, nothing special. I'd make the short trip to the Boardwalk or something and eat at the ESPN Club. Or even Beaches and Cream at Yacht and Beach Club. Get more value for your dollar.

Sorry to unearth an older thread, but I'm looking for options for dinner at DHS and I love the idea over going to the Boardwalk Bakery instead. Can someone help me remember how I would get there by boat? Is the dock before you enter into HS? And then do we get our hand stamps in order to reenter the park?

Sorry to unearth an older thread, but I'm looking for options for dinner at DHS and I love the idea over going to the Boardwalk Bakery instead. Can someone help me remember how I would get there by boat? Is the dock before you enter into HS? And then do we get our hand stamps in order to reenter the park?

When you leave the park go straight towards the water and you will see the boat dock on the left. Now it will probably be faster if you just walk. Go towards water and take a right and follow the path around the water's edge to Boardwalk.

No handstamps, your hard ticket or MagicBand will know - just scan them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter