Quick reviews

Tidus

Mouseketeer
Well we came home on Mon.. I must say, I have not visited a Disney website since I've been back. Maybe I'm just sad that the planning is over (I think I enjoyed the planning even more than the trip, although we had a great time!). Just a little info. before the reviews. I don't eat meat (I do eat some seafood occasionally) My DH loves meat and we have 2 kids. (1 is considered an adult)
Day 1: Tusker house for lunch: Awesome! Everyone loved it even though we realized that it was too much food since we had a 5:00 dinner at Ohanas. DH:rotisserie chicken DS: Chicken sand. DD: Chicken drumstick Me: veggie sand. Desserts were great too. 2 choc. cakes, cheesecake, and a carrot cake.

Ohanas: Our waitress Raquel was wonderful! My DD didn't like the adult food so they brought her chicken fing. and fries. They mad me a delicious pasta/tofu dish w/ side of some type of hot sauce. I am a veggie, that doesn't like pasta usually, however this was really great!

Day 2: Chef MIckey's : Always fun and the breakfast was great!

Day 3: Boma's: This was one of our top picks overall. We were all able to find things that we loved! Even my picky DD, loved the pasta. Butternut Squash soup really was incredible! It tasted like warm pumpkin pie to me! I enjoyed the desserts (even though I am not big on sweets, I definitely ate my share and then some). I don't love choc., however, the zebra domes were very good and I loved the raspberry puree (I put it on diff. things!)

Day 4: Concourse: Not too much to say. DH enjoyed his filet mignon. However, my salmon was just OK and the kids didn't enjoy the meal. Our server wasn't too good and kept forgetting things (even though he wasn't very busy. He would often sit at tables and talk to customers, which seems nice, but it was a little odd and he was very slow.) Desserts weren't great. The creme brulee was the worst that I had that week (I had it 3 times).

For lunch that day, DH had FlameTree at AK. He really enjoyed the ribs. I have to say, that we did find that we couldn't eat much for lunch because we had early dinners. There is a lot of fun with the plan! I rarely used snack credits because I couldn't fit in a snack!
Day 5: Cancelled dinner in order to go to the water park in the PM. Changed Kona's to a diff. night.

Day 6: Park Fare for breakfast. I really loved it here. The food seemed so fresh and was really good. I think it was a bit better than CM. The omlet station was nice!
We didn't want to eat too much because we had LeCellier at dinner time. We loved our waitress at LeCellier. Her name is Erin and she was so sweet! Very attentive even though she was very busy! I had salmon and it was excellent. She let me substitute the corn for sweet potatoes and they were so good! Salad was excellent too! My dh had filet mignon which he enjoyed. He also liked the beef kabobs (my son didn't like them). My son had the filet also and enjoyed it and my DD had pasta. The kids had the smores for dessert. Great presentation and it was very good. DH had the moose and I had the best maple creme brulee! It really was awesome!

Day 7: Kona: The waitress was ok, very efficient but not the friendliest. I had the Mahi Mahi and it was very good. DH had the beef terriyaki steak and enjoyed it as did DS. DD had a hot dog. desserts: banana creme brulee was good (Better if it didn't have so many bananas!) DS had the volcano which he loved. DH got the cheesecake because that is what dd wanted and her choices were jello or brownie sunday.

Last night: WCC: I was really looking forward to having fun with this. The menu didn't appeal to me, but I thought the family would enjoy it. I asked to wait for a fun server. Did they give me one? ......NO. I won't say names, but she seemed nice at first, but was not much fun and kept disappearing for 15 minutes at a time. She was truly no where to be found. Other tables that had her, would be sitting for long periods just waiting for their check. I waited 15 min. before I got a beer. By that point I didn't even want it! Again, it wasn't like she was running around busy, she would just disappear. DH and DS did really enjoy the skillet. DD loved her drumstick. I would suggest that if you do not eat meat, but do eat cheese, get a grill cheese! I tried the veg. dish and it was disgusting! Desserts were a ok, but we had been there for soooo long, we just wanted to leave and enjoy our last night! DS was very disappointed that the only fun thing they did was bring ketchup and they did do pony races. He was trying to drink his soda so that he could keep asking for a "little" more, hoping to get a very large or very small glass, but it didn't happen. We left extra for every rest., even if the server wasn't that friendly, however this was just awful service. I think she was one of the few, that feels like they will get 18% no matter what, so she didn't care. It was unfortunate that we ended here!

It's too bad about your experience at WCC - we had a similiar one in 2002 that almost led us to never go back, but we tried again this past week and found it much better. We were there on Friday, and had a lot of fun. DS was not feeling very good, and our server (Tami) was great at reading how much he could handle. By the end of the meal, he'd managed to eat a little bit and was enjoying himself immensely.

We loved Chef Mickey's for breakfast (preferred it over Crystal Palace), and Boma is a must-do every trip for us. They did not have the Butternut Squash Soup on the buffet the night we were there, but when we commented that it was our favorite, one of the chefs brought a huge bowl of it to our table - magic! Le Cellier was also very good, including that creme brulee!

Ahhh, reading your review was a great reminder of the meals we had - thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter