Quick questions

scald

<font color=royalblue>I am a big girls blouse when
Heading off Sunday for the week and since its been two years since last visit I have a few quick questions of someone wouldn't mind helping.

What rides are likely to be included in EMH? With Space Mountain and Dumbo closed does it look likely that Frontierland might be included?

Is photopass worth getting and will my Shareholder discount work when purchasing it?

Can anyone advise the best way to ensure getting to do Ratatouille? I know its Fastpassed, but I though I heared that there is a cart or something where you can collect your Fastpass? Or was that a dream?

Thanks a million!

I'm pretty sure that Star Tours is open instead of Space Mountain and if Dumbo is closed they usually open another Fantasyland attraction like Snow White/Pinnochio or Small World - sorry don't know which - It may show on the dlp website?

I can't help with photopass as not used myself, but those that have say that it does save lots of money if you usually purchase official photos at rides and with characters.

Ratatoullie is very busy. There used to be a cart to get fast passes from but that was in the early stages. There is now a fast pass area beside the ride. If you get there early enough, ie 9.45ish (even though the schedule says the park doesn't open until 10, they usually open 9.30ish) go to the ride area and get in the queue for the fast pass machines. We found that each day there was a huge queue, all they way back up to the Cars ride, but this was for entry to the actual ride, not the fast pass machine.

Something else you might consider is the single rider line. Depending on the age of your kids (my youngest is 10) this is an excellent option. The rats take 6 people and once loaded from the main queue and fast pass line, there are often empty seats as many are in parties of 3,4 or 5. We rode single rider many times and were often in the same rat or right beside each other - wait time was always less than 15 minutes too. :thumbsup2

Oh, thank god there was a cart at some point. Thought I was losing my marbles! Will have to suss out where the Fastpass machine is and make a beeline for it! My youngest is 12 so single rider might be an option alright.

Can't make up my mind about Photopass...we usually get some ride photos, but now that the kids are big the whole character photo thing is out the window. If I get the Shareholder discount I might consider it!

You will get Shareholders discount. I would be inclined to purchase it. We've found especially for the ride photos. Queues were ridiculous last week but that was a fairly busy week compared to previous March visits.

I expect the queues will be bad alright as when I wanted to upgrade my room back in November of last year I couldn't. This was because the hotel was fully booked! We are fairly willing to accept the waits thi stime (up to 60 mins) as teh kids are older and well able to stand for a while.

we did ratatouille with both fastpass and using single rider line - single rider line was quicker and we used that twice, compared to queueing at the fastpass machines for a FP first thing in the morning, then coming back during our FT slot (as i recall it was around 11am our FP timeslot, and I got the FPs from the machine at a couple of minutes past 10am when they first opened) :flower3: . This was midweek in December, before the school holidays started.

we did ratatouille with both fastpass and using single rider line - single rider line was quicker and we used that twice, compared to queueing at the fastpass machines for a FP first thing in the morning, then coming back during our FT slot (as i recall it was around 11am our FP timeslot, and I got the FPs from the machine at a couple of minutes past 10am when they first opened) :flower3: . This was midweek in December, before the school holidays started.

We were the same - I think once it was our slot time, we waited about 20 minutes to get on compared to 10 mins roughly for single rider. You might want to do fastpass so you can do the ride all together the first time, but then I'd just go for single rider once you're happy with how it works. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter