• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quick Question

xItsCorx

Earning My Ears
Hey Everyone!

So I've recently applied for the College Program and are awaiting to do my phone interview here on Friday. Have kind of a quick question though.

Every summer I compete with a competitive touring drum & bugle corps and prepare for my summer tour through weekend rehearsals that occur once a month from December to May. This would require me to have to take one weekend off a month. Our weekend camps last from late friday afternoon through late sunday afternoon. So I guess my question is would the program be lenient in allowing me to take time off for those weekends? If not and worst comes to worst, I would probably be able to work on the morning of those fridays and then at night on those Sundays. I figure you guys would be the people to ask about this and I just want to have it figured out before I do my interview on Friday. Thanks so much for your help :]

Corey

You need to ask about this during your interview. They are the ones who would be able to approve it but from what it sounds like, you are going to have trouble getting that many weekends guaranteed off. If they can't approve it beforehand, the next best option would be to ask for all those days off as soon as you arrive and have HUB access but there is no guarantee you will get them off. You are required to be fully available.

Hey, good luck on your interview.

What corps do you march? I marched in 2007, but I'm aged out now. Like the person above me said, definitely ask your recruiter about your situation. You should also send emails to you caption head at the corps and see if you could work anything out like sending in videos every other month.

Hey guys thanks for your response :) I'll talk to them on Friday when I do my interview and see what they say.

Btw, I'm going on my 5th year with The Boston Crusaders. Started marching back in 2007 with them and been with them ever since. This is my age-out so I HAVE to do this year.....I'll see what I can work out with my caption head though if for some reason things don't work out :) Like I said too, worst comes to worst, Saturday would be the only definite day that I would need off. I'm sure I'd still be able to work on friday and sunday.....even after the brutal butt kicking of a pre-season camp ;)

Once again, thanks for the help guys!

Corey

Hey Everyone!

So I've recently applied for the College Program and are awaiting to do my phone interview here on Friday. Have kind of a quick question though.

Every summer I compete with a competitive touring drum & bugle corps and prepare for my summer tour through weekend rehearsals that occur once a month from December to May. This would require me to have to take one weekend off a month. Our weekend camps last from late friday afternoon through late sunday afternoon. So I guess my question is would the program be lenient in allowing me to take time off for those weekends? If not and worst comes to worst, I would probably be able to work on the morning of those fridays and then at night on those Sundays. I figure you guys would be the people to ask about this and I just want to have it figured out before I do my interview on Friday. Thanks so much for your help :]

Corey

In my opinion, you're definitely gonna have to choose which thing you'd rather do more, the CP or your corps. Most of our "weekends" as CPs are during the work week, like Mon/Tues, Tues/Wed, etc. I didn't know anyone who had the real weekends off.

There's always the option of finding someone to cover or trade your shifts, but you most definitely can't bank on being able to do that every month. Weekends in general are busier than the week, so they usually don't approve regular requests off for the weekends.

In my opinion, you're definitely gonna have to choose which thing you'd rather do more

Yeah, I was kind of afraid of that haha I'll see what I can work out though...nothing a little prayer can't help with :P Thank you for your help though, I really appreciate it :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter