• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Quick question re. Stores at FW

Eeyore's My Favorite

EW Disney Mom
Hi - we check in Monday to the cabins & I was wondering if anyone can tell me if either of the stores on property sell bags of ice? My cooler doesn't hold a full bag with items in there & I just wanted to be able to grab a bag when we get there. We usually stay at the resorts & know where ice machines are but not sure if the cabin area has anything like that. TIA.

The comfort stations all have Ice Machines but it's for "Purchase". From what I have heard, they are not very reliable, but I don't know from experience.

Also the Meadows Trading Post and the Settlement Trading post both sell bags of ice as well. Can't tell you the cost but I believe it's reasonable (especially for Disney) :)

Yes, the comfort station ice machines are not a priority at Disney. On my last four trips, the ice machines at the comfort station only worked 2 of the 4 times. I had to go to a different comfort station or the Meadows Trading Post. I think it was $2.00 for about a 7 pound bag.

Hi - we check in Monday to the cabins & I was wondering if anyone can tell me if either of the stores on property sell bags of ice? My cooler doesn't hold a full bag with items in there & I just wanted to be able to grab a bag when we get there. We usually stay at the resorts & know where ice machines are but not sure if the cabin area has anything like that. TIA.
The refrigerator in the cabin has an ice maker also.

Yes, fridge in cabin has an ice maker.

Personally never had a problem with the ice machines working in any of my trips but just as any other vending product they are subject to break down.

Yes, the comfort station ice machines are not a priority at Disney. On my last four trips, the ice machines at the comfort station only worked 2 of the 4 times. I had to go to a different comfort station or the Meadows Trading Post. I think it was $2.00 for about a 7 pound bag.

Yup same here, we were there before we were evacuated from the hurricane and just moved to another resort. During the week that we were there the 2 closest ice machines were broken.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter