• We turn left to Adventure Land

• We turn Right to Tomorrow Land

• We walk straight through the castle to FantasyLand

Results are only viewable after voting.

fairytale

DIS Veteran
Hiya

Just a quick question.

When you enter Magic Kingdom who turns left and who turns right.

We used to always turn left to Adventure Land but last year turned right to TomorrowLand and felt a little disorientated to be honest.

This isn't going to help, but we always spend at least 2 days at MK. One day we turn left, the next time we go, we turn right. :rotfl:

Seriously. It seems like we spend one whole day on one side, and another whole day on the other.

It depends what time we get there. If it's rope drop we turn right. If it's later, we head straight for Frontierland first.

It depends what time we get there. If it's rope drop we turn right. If it's later, we head straight for Frontierland first.

Same as us.
If I remember rightly a CM told is majority of Americans turn right, Europeans turn left.

We do all the parks left to right usually.

On our 1st visit of any trip we usually turn left and head stright to frontierland missing out adventure land, we go back there later. On further visits on the same trip it just wherever we fancy

Depends on my mood and what I fancy poking first - last trip at (virtually) rope drop we turned right...into the Main Street Bakery ;)

Depends on my mood and what I fancy poking first - last trip at (virtually) rope drop we turned right...into the Main Street Bakery ;)

Sometimes turning too soon can be a good thing - too much of a good thing :lmao:

Always left into Adventureland

We always seem to try and get everything done in one day at MK, but this year we may spend one day on the left and then another on the right...and split fantasyland and main st down the middle :thumbsup2

This also isn't going to help....

I guess our answer is 'left' but we cross the bridge into Liberty Square and head over to Splash that way.

We just love Liberty Square! It feels like a lovely progression from Main Street into Frontierland, and really starts an MK day off nicely!

Usually we turn right, Space Mountain 1st! If doing a 2nd day we go straight to Fantasyland and do the 'kids' rides that build queues (Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh) early when all virtually walk on.

Depends on time of year/how busy we think parks will be/what tickets we have etc.

This also isn't going to help....

I guess our answer is 'left' but we cross the bridge into Liberty Square and head over to Splash that way.

We just love Liberty Square! It feels like a lovely progression from Main Street into Frontierland, and really starts an MK day off nicely!

We do it the same way :goodvibes

We always turn right and get straight on space mountain and/or pick up a fast pass. After that we head to Frontierland and do everything else at our leisure.

Same as us.
If I remember rightly a CM told is majority of Americans turn right, Europeans turn left.

We do all the parks left to right usually.

so i guess we're more european than american :goodvibes
we turn left....unless we get on the train - which is the same as turning left, since we get off at splash mountain...

so i guess we're more european than american :goodvibes
we turn left....unless we get on the train - which is the same as turning left, since we get off at splash mountain...

I was curious about that statement. I wonder if the CM was referring to MK specifically or parks in general. The reason I say that is that the general tendency is to work in a clockwise direction. UG is written by an American team but they mention this too - people going clockwise around the parks that is.

Gosh, we must be in a minority, in a 3 week trip we'll visit MK at least 10-15 times albeit mostly not full days.

First visit is first night we arrive and tradition states it must be a walk up main street, through or round the castle and into fantasy land.

Other times it's mostly left to be fair although I think a large part of that is the welcoming nature of the left turns. The right turns are both a bit sparse and clinical in my opinion, especially the noodle route!

I was curious about that statement. I wonder if the CM was referring to MK specifically or parks in general. The reason I say that is that the general tendency is to work in a clockwise direction. UG is written by an American team but they mention this too - people going clockwise around the parks that is.

Can't remember its a while since but I thought it was every park. Just pulled this from ehow but thats just MK. The 2 posters from US on this thread 1 has said either way other anti clockwise. I am sure Disney have spent a fortune recording where everyone goes and try to balance it out.

Go through the park clockwise. Most of the park's guests start their day off in Tomorrowland, so to avoid the crowds, start your day off in Adventureland. Magic Kingdom is designed in a circular pattern so it is best to see the park in a clockwise manner.

Read more: How to Do Disney's Magic Kingdom in One Day | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_7798200_do-magic-kingdom-one-day.html#ixzz1C4Xy3lhY

Hiya

Just a quick question.

When you enter Magic Kingdom who turns left and who turns right.

We used to always turn left to Adventure Land but last year turned right to TomorrowLand and felt a little disorientated to be honest.

Left it is!

Can't remember its a while since but I thought it was every park. Just pulled this from ehow but thats just MK. The 2 posters from US on this thread 1 has said either way other anti clockwise. I am sure Disney have spent a fortune recording where everyone goes and try to balance it out.

Go through the park clockwise. Most of the park's guests start their day off in Tomorrowland, so to avoid the crowds, start your day off in Adventureland. Magic Kingdom is designed in a circular pattern so it is best to see the park in a clockwise manner.

Read more: How to Do Disney's Magic Kingdom in One Day | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_7798200_do-magic-kingdom-one-day.html#ixzz1C4Xy3lhY

It's very interesting and something I have wondered about before. There are a fair number of 'touring plans' for Disney parks now and it would make sense that they would try and guide their followers on paths opposite to what they believe other major contenders are recommending for maximum benefit. I have wondered if that could explain what can appear to be conflicting advice. :confused3 I don't know the answer at all, but wonder what everyone else thinks about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter