Quick Question....Do Crocs "flatten?"

WaltD4Me

<font color=royalblue>PS...I tried asking for wate
I know I could have searched one of the thousands of Croc threads, but I was hoping this would be quicker...

I got my first pair of Crocs. I have been resisting due to the hideous factor, but have finally given in. I'm astounded now by the comforbility factor and am planning taking them on my upcoming trip, but I'm wondering if they flatten inside and the squishy-ness is diminished? It just seems like pounding the pavement in the parks all day would compress the material and you'd lose some squishy-ness. Or are they made from some miracle alien material like Mr. Clean Magic Erasers?

i have a couple pairs ... and they havent flattened yet... ive had em for about 2 1/2 years now i think ...

hope this helps!!!

I have logged many miles in my crocs and I find that once they are broken in they do not flatten anymore. You will lose the tread on the bottom though and that's when it's time for a new pair. :thumbsup2

eventually my 1st pair lost some of the squishiness...worse I had left them outside one weekend in the middle of the summer...after that they were never the same. I have no clue how to describe it, but it actually seemed like the material had changed...very odd. Anyway speaking of the hideous factor, I do agree with you there, I switched to the croc flip flop style and love those. In fact after wearing thsoe for a while I couldnt wear standard flip flops anymore they just felt wierd without the support that the crocs give.

In fact after wearing thsoe for a while I couldnt wear standard flip flops anymore they just felt wierd without the support that the crocs give.

It kills me to say, but I beginning to wonder if I'm going to be able to wear any other kind of standard shoe...after wearing the Crocs for the last 3 days it even feels weird to go barefoot at home and my beloved K-Swiss tennis shoes have been relegated to the hall closet.

I have worn ONLY Crocs for the past three years. This includes buying dress ones for work. You will not run into a problem. Eventually the bottom does become flat and that is when you need a new pair. This is after a GREAT amount of use though...not just one WDW trip, but several! ;)

I have logged many miles in my crocs and I find that once they are broken in they do not flatten anymore. You will lose the tread on the bottom though and that's when it's time for a new pair. :thumbsup2

I will second that about the tread. I took a nasty fall last summer in my Crocs. Once the tread is gone, they become especially slick when walking on wet surfaces. I fell while taking a shore excursion with DCL. On the plus side, my DH said "As soon as we get back to the ship, I want you to buy a pair of those Mickey Crocs!":)

This is my experience also :thumbsup2

I have owned many many pairs of Crocs. They're pretty much all I wear.

That being said...Crocs "break in " after a few wearings. I have never had them flatten out....and if I aint doing it...you arent going to either. :lmao:

I would wholeheartedly agree with every one that suggests checking the treads. Crocs become very slippery when the tread wears out and they need to be replaced. I've taken a nasty fall because of this.

Okay...too weird, I buy Crocs, am completely amazed by them, post this today and I see on AOL's homepage that the company is seriously in trouble. Their stock has fallen from $70 a share to $2 a share! :scared1: I know maybe the market got saturated and they are pricier than knock-offs, but I was shocked to read that. I can't imagine the company going away, since I'm so recently converted...still can't believe I am saying that...do I need to stock up? :laughing:

Has anyone else had a problem with their Crocs giving them blisters on their heels? I have the Mary Jane kind and I think they are incredibly cushy and comfortable, but I always get horrible blisters after wearing them. I tried them on again before our last trip and was so excited to have such comfort in the parks. I wore them the first day and then had such bad blisters, I limped the rest of our 10 day trip.

-L

Has anyone else had a problem with their Crocs giving them blisters on their heels? I have the Mary Jane kind and I think they are incredibly cushy and comfortable, but I always get horrible blisters after wearing them. I tried them on again before our last trip and was so excited to have such comfort in the parks. I wore them the first day and then had such bad blisters, I limped the rest of our 10 day trip.

-L

I have gotten a few blisters on the bottom of my toes or the balls of my feet before. It usually happens when my feet get wet. Now I carry a pair of ankle socks in my bag for when this happens. I know, I know!! It is a look that will get me on What Not To Wear but it can't make the Crocs look any worse and I am at WDW and will probably not see 99.99% of those people ever again.

As any good General will say - a soldier needs to take care of his feet or the battle is lost.

BTW, Disney Crocs are on sale at http://www.crocs.com/products/outlet/

I too have taken a nasty fall due to worn treads on the bottom. Trust me when they start to wear, replace them.

I confess, that I finally broke down and joined everyone else as a Croc wearer ;)
They will get a good workout at WDW :thumbsup2

I too have taken a nasty fall due to worn treads on the bottom. Trust me when they start to wear, replace them.
Even if they are not worn, you can slip if you are on something very slippery. My DH slipped while wearing his outside on a hill in wet grass. He has also gotten blisters from his Crocs when her tried to wear them for a whole day at the parks.

I have had problems with my Crocs Cleos (they are sandals with 2 straps). The front of the Croc sometimes sticks or gets caught when I'm walking on uneven pavement. Then the front part (under the toes) flips back underneath. Not comfortable.
Also, since the Croc material is soft, it can be penetrated by things like landscape bark. I know people have posted in the past that their schools banned them for that reason.

My very first pair of Crocs are 4 years old. They have lost their "springy-ness" but are still very comfortble, I wear them in the garden now. I buy a new pair for when I got to WDW or DLR. I love they way they feel when they are new :goodvibes

For my next trip, I will buy new Croc Filp flops and new croc beach. I no longer bring regular sandles or runners any more. Ugly smugly, I am old enough to no longer care about vanity.:hippie:

-L

Ive never gotten a blister from my "real" crocs ... i have from my fake ones tho ... but not ever from the orignial ones

I know I could have searched one of the thousands of Croc threads, but I was hoping this would be quicker...

I got my first pair of Crocs. I have been resisting due to the hideous factor, but have finally given in. I'm astounded now by the comforbility factor and am planning taking them on my upcoming trip, but I'm wondering if they flatten inside and the squishy-ness is diminished? It just seems like pounding the pavement in the parks all day would compress the material and you'd lose some squishy-ness. Or are they made from some miracle alien material like Mr. Clean Magic Erasers?

I've worked at the Croc outlet for a year now and I can answer your question! Your Crocs will wear out. Most times people wear out the tread before the shoe's "squishyness" goes away. However, the shoes will lose their comfort level after being worn out. How long does that take? It depends on how often you wear them, how much you walk in them, how hard you are on them. If you feel like you are walking on the pavement it is time for a new pair! Be careful with the tread as well. As soon as it is worn off the shoes become VERY slick! Watch on for water on pavement, wet grass, ect. With a trip to the parks you won't lose the comfort of your shoes. I got a new pair (women's santa cruz -- one of my favorites!) right before our trip in December. I wore them everyday all day to the parks and I wear them about 2 or 3 times a week now and they are still holding up just fine. It takes about 3 hours for the shoe to form to the bottom of your foot (done with your body heat) But that is when they are the most comfortable :)

Once you are done with your shoes please don't throw them away!! Bring them back to any Crocs retail location (outlet store, kisok in the mall, or retail store) and dontate them to the recycling program: Wear A Pair, Share A Pair. The old Crocs are sent back to the factory, broken down, melted and made into new shoes to give to needy kids around the world. I think a crew just came back from Panama just a little while ago.

Happy Crocing :)

Ive never gotten a blister from my "real" crocs ... i have from my fake ones tho ... but not ever from the orignial ones

Plan A) If you are getting a blister on your big toe and/or heel: You need to go up a size. That will probably solve your problem.

Plan B) If you are getting on on the side of your foot where the black rivit is: You could try pulling on the straps of your shoes. Evenly pull around the strap that goes over your foot, that will cause the shoe to become a little wider and not rub on your feet. If that doesn't work go back to plan A :)

As for the slipping I have like 3 pairs of the Black non-slip crocs and they are awesome. I wear them everywhere that doesnt require dress shoes :D. They were pricy around 40 bucks but I find they are a better investment than the Service Industry nonslip shoes and they look a tad bit better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter