Quick question about GCH...

mommy2twinz

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know/remember if the GCH provides decent shampoo and a hairdryer?? It would be nice if I had one less thing to pack, but you just never know. Is it nice spa-quality shampoo, or chintzy stuff? (I'm not really that picky, I use Costco brand at home, but I've come across some weird stuff while traveling! ;) ) Also, I'm assuming there is an iron?

The hotel itself seems incredible based on pictures I've seen, but the rooms seem kinda basic...:confused3

Thanks!

They definitely have a hairdryer (built into the wall type) and I am almost certain there was an ironing board and iron.

I did not use the shampoo so I can't tell you how good it was, sorry!

--Daneen

Does anyone know/remember if the GCH provides decent shampoo and a hairdryer?? It would be nice if I had one less thing to pack, but you just never know. Is it nice spa-quality shampoo, or chintzy stuff? (I'm not really that picky, I use Costco brand at home, but I've come across some weird stuff while traveling! ;) ) Also, I'm assuming there is an iron?

The hotel itself seems incredible based on pictures I've seen, but the rooms seem kinda basic...:confused3

Thanks!

You get toiletries/products from H20, which is a pretty good, well-know bath and body company. They have no trace of Mickey anywhere on them, unlike the other two hotels. My friend really liked the smell of one of the items and did NOT like the smell of the shampoo. I didn't mind it. I had my own shampoo with me so I just took the H20 stuff home!

The rooms are kind of basic, but it is great. You will love it. It is a gorgeous hotel. I didn't use the hair dryer but there definitely is one in the room.

I did not use the shampoos..but luvd the bodywash and lotion!! I was not found of the dryer..I used it, it jsut took longer than mine would..but it was not that bad!! It did have a short leash, and that was annoying, especially when I was doing DDs long long hair!

I should know, as I hoarded the shampoo/conditioner/body wash while on my trip, but I haven't tried it. :rotfl2:

I LOVE the shampoo, conitioner, body wash, and body butter! It's the same stuff we had on our Disney cruise last winter. I was so excited to see it at the GC too!

Iron and ironing board are in the closet. The hair dryer is your typical hotel-style dryer attached to the wall in the vanity area. It's not as good as my own hairdryer, but good enough so that I don't bother to pack mine. Nice bath products. If you are using Costco brand at home, you will do just fine with these.

Thanks everyone!! I'm nearly all packed and ready to go - our flight leaves in about 10 hours!! :banana:

Have a Safe and Happy Trip!

Make special memories!

I had to LOL and I mean really LOL. Dh and I spend hundreds ordering the H20 products after Disney introduced us to them. We've fallen in love with them. We always try to swindle more from mousekeeping. My only complaint is the new packaging for the hotel. :confused3 They were easier to use.

We stayed at the DLH once and other than just plain not liking the hotel, REALLY didn't like their products.

I had to LOL and I mean really LOL. Dh and I spend hundreds ordering the H20 products after Disney introduced us to them. We've fallen in love with them. We always try to swindle more from mousekeeping. My only complaint is the new packaging for the hotel. :confused3 They were easier to use.

We stayed at the DLH once and other than just plain not liking the hotel, REALLY didn't like their products.

I don't know if you stayed at DLH recently, but just out of curiosity, do you have any of the toiletries from the DLH with you? I know you didn't like them so maybe you didn't keep any as souvenirs. In any case, IF you do have any of the DLH stuff, check the tiny print on the back of the bottle. Quite a while back, I had heard something about H20 making all the bath products for all the Dsney hotels now, even though the H20 name is not prominent on most of them (other than at the GCH). I thought I had heard incorrectly, but sure enough, when my friend got back from WDW last December, where she stayed at Port Orleans, she sent me a bottle from their hotel room. It was a dull looking blue and black bottle with Mickey on it, and when I looked at the teeny tiny print on the back, sure enough, it WAS H20 who had made it!! I also think I looked at my PPH room stuff and saw H20 in fine print, if I remember correctly. So, I guess what I am trying to say is, all the Disney hotel stuff here and in Florida seems to be coming from the same company, but maybe H20 uses the more upscale herbal stuff for GCH and Grand Floridian and what not. It would be funny if the stuff in GCH and in all the other hotels is exactly the same but just packaged differently! I am going to compare the GCH H20 shampoo scents with the PPH H20 scents and see if they are the same!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter