Quick question about borrowing and waitlists...

goofy4tink

No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator
Okay...I'm waitlisted for a quick stay in early Dec. I am using points from 2014. My UY is June. So, what happens if my waitlist doesn't come through? Do those points now have to be used prior to June 2014, or do they go back into that UY? Or do I just plan on finding someplace else to stay, using those borrowed points, same time frame? I'm just not sure I want to go if I can't get my waitlist filled. So, just curious what happens to the borrowed points if I were to cancel the waitlist?

If all you have is a waitlist and the points will be borrowed only if it comes through, you're fine. The points haven't been borrowed yet and won't be unless the waitlist comes through.

If you made a backup reservation and borrowed points for it and intend to cancel it and not take the trip if your waitlist does not come through then those borrowed points will be returned to your 2013 UY and must be used by May 1, 2014.

ETA: ... must be used by May 31, 2014, not May 1, 2014. Thanks Sandisw (next post) for spotting that typo!

If all you have is a waitlist and the points will be borrowed only if it comes through, you're fine. The points haven't been borrowed yet and won't be unless the waitlist comes through.

If you made a backup reservation and borrowed points for it and intend to cancel it and not take the trip if your waitlist does not come through then those borrowed points will be returned to your 2013 UY and must be used by May 1, 2014.

I think you meant to say May 31st 2014.

THanks guys...that's what I was hoping to see. Now, to decide if I really need to go to WDW in early Dec.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter