Quick Question about Bath/Showerhouse

DisneyWalle

DIS Veteran
Can anyone tell me how many showers are available in each bathhouse? And at what time is the best time to use the showers both at night and in the morning to avoid long lines?

We have stayed in the 500 loop on a couple of occasions. I think there are 3 showers. As for timing, I was always able to walk into a shower. We never really tried to get to the parks at opening but close. Most people are courteous and will know if people are waiting - they will hurry.

I recall there being 3 showers + 1 extra large handicapped shower in the 1500/1600 and 200 loop showerhouses. I've been very early in the morning {6am-ish} and later at night {8pm-ish} and have never had to wait for a shower and almost never had another shower in use while I was using one.

I don't use the showers. I shower in the RV.
However, anytime that I have been in to use the restroom, I have never ever noticed a line of women waiting to use the shower.
I think because there are so many dispersed around the property it would be rare for there to be much of a wait.

The only place I ever had a line was at one of the comfortstations in 2000.I walked over to the second one by the road in the loop and no one was there. Usually theres never a line for when I go at night or in the morning.

I have sometimes used the stations to save time,,, not saying you won't find a line from time to time, but I have never had to wait for a shower.

I have been using bath houses in the 100-200 loop for years. There are three showers plus one large one for handicap. I don't ever recall waiting. And they are very clean.

Thank you to everyone!

The purpose of the question is to help me decide the best times for us to go to the bathhouse so that we make it the parks when we want too. This is suppose to be no/low stress so I have to plan (complusive planner by nature) so the more information I have about the campground the better; especially first hand accounts from others who have been there. So again thank you to all for your help - its greatly appreciated.

Oh and we have a popup; so its my understanding that there are only two possible loops that we could be assigned upon checkin.

We leave on Monday - all of us are super excited.

Oh and we have a popup; so its my understanding that there are only two possible loops that we could be assigned upon checkin.

It depends on what you reserved. With a pop-up, you could potentially reserve any loop, so it's just a matter of what you paid for:

Loop 100 - Preferred
Loop 200 - Preferred
Loop 300 - Preferred Pet
Loop 400 - Premium
Loop 500 - Premium Pet
Loop 600 - Premium
Loop 700 - Premium Pet
Loop 800 - Premium Pet
Loop 900 - Premium Pet
Loop 1000 - Premium
Loop 1100 - Premium
Loop 1200 - Premium Pet
Loop 1300 - Premium Pet
Loop 1400 - Premium
Loop 1500 - Partial
Loop 1600 - Full Hook-Up Pet
Loop 1700 - Full Hook-Up
Loop 1800 - Full Hook-Up Pet
Loop 1900 - Full Hook-Up
Loop 2000 - Partial

If you reserved a Tent/Pop-up Site, then yes, 1500 or 2000 are the only loops you'd be assigned to, but as a fellow pop-up owner, I've stayed in 1600 loop and 200 loop because I was willing to pay more for full hookups and/or location. Our next trip will likely land us in one of the Full Hook-Up sites {1600-1900} since we want the full hook-up capability without caring about location {which is basically the difference between the preferred and full hook-up sites, location!}.

I'm sure no matter what loop you get, you'll be happy since you'll be camping and at Disney. Good luck and have fun!

when we went last year (halloween week) we were in 2000 and never had to wait. We went at "peak" times too. :cool1:

Loop 100 - Preferred
Loop 200 - Preferred
Loop 300 - Preferred Pet
Loop 400 - Premium
Loop 500 - Premium Pet
Loop 600 - Premium
Loop 700 - Premium Pet
Loop 800 - Premium Pet
Loop 900 - Premium Pet
Loop 1000 - Premium
Loop 1100 - Premium
Loop 1200 - Premium Pet
Loop 1300 - Premium Pet
Loop 1400 - Premium
Loop 1500 - Partial
Loop 1600 - Full Hook-Up Pet
Loop 1700 - Full Hook-Up
Loop 1800 - Full Hook-Up Pet
Loop 1900 - Full Hook-Up
Loop 2000 - Partial

This is a useful list - it seems to come from Allears.net on their page for Fort Wilderness. However, I think that the descriptions of "premium" and "preferred" are reversed on this list from Allears. Loops 100, 200 and 300 should be premium, and loops 400 through 1400 should be preferred (this list show the opposite). I will send a message to Allears to note the mistake.

It's correct 100 200 300 are preferred 400 thru 1400 premium, only thing incorrect is the pet loops. There are more now. 400 and 600 are pet loops now.

It's correct 100 200 300 are preferred 400 thru 1400 premium, only thing incorrect is the pet loops. There are more now. 400 and 600 are pet loops now.

I thought loops 100, 200 and 300 would be more expensive than all the others due to the location of 100-300 being so close to Settlement Trading Post, the marina and Pioneer Hall. Since the Disney World web site lists "Preferred" sites as costing less than "Premium" sites, if 100-300 are preferred then they cost less than the premium 400-1400. Opposite to what I would have thought, but it's good to hear 100-300 are preferred and therefore not the most expensive sites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter