• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quick question about add ons

HilsNPaul

Mouseketeer
Hello lovely DVCers!

I have a quick question of add ons. Once you become a DVC member, can buy add on at any resorts through disney? If we wanted to buy an add on direct from disney at VWL, BWV or BCV could we?

Thank you!

Yes, but sometimes you have to go on a waiting list for them. They do not always have the points available immediately for your UY.

I believe Disney gets the points when they exercise ROFR so it would just depend on what they have in their inventory when you call.

Quick answer to a quick question: YES

But, remember you can only book at 11 months at a resort with points you own for that resort. Points can be combined at the 7 month mark. For example, if you own points at BWV and AKV, you can only use your AKV points to book AKV at 11 months.

Quick answer to a quick question: YES

But, remember you can only book at 11 months at a resort with points you own for that resort. Points can be combined at the 7 month mark. For example, if you own points at BWV and AKV, you can only use your AKV points to book AKV at 11 months.

Right. I know they can't be combined until the 7 month mark. We just wondered if it was easier to buy add ons from disney or resale?

Right. I know they can't be combined until the 7 month mark. We just wondered if it was easier to buy add ons from disney or resale?

easier: from disney
cheaper: (usually) from resale

(you probably already know this but keep in mind that VWL, BCV and BWV expire in 2042 regardless of where you buy them.)

chalee94 is right. It is definitely easier to add on through Disney. When we added on in Nov, I called our guide one night, gave her my credit card info and my points were in my account, ready to use, the next day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter