Quick Q about having points at two resorts

TigerLaw

DIS Veteran
On another thread, someone asked whether they should by a BCV or BWV resale and someone responded why not buy both and that they had 250 points at BWV and 50 at BCV.

My question is this, how does using the points work for such a person. for example, if that was me, could I make a ressie at BCV using the 11 month window for a full week let's say (even though I don't have ehough points for it) and then use my BWV points to fill in the needed points?

IF not, what's the point of having so few points at a property (sorry I just don't understand it) do you hvae to have enough points at your home resort to back up any ressie you make using the 11 month window?

thanks for the help w. this!

IF not, what's the point of having so few points at a property (sorry I just don't understand it) do you hvae to have enough points at your home resort to back up any ressie you make using the 11 month window?

TigerLaw,
If you really LOVE both resorts, I think it gives you more flexibility through banking and borrowing. With the 50 points, you could bank the 1st year's points and plan a visit the second year and borrow points from the 3rd year, if needed for up to a 150 point visit...
We have points at BCV, BWL and SSR and that is how I plan to manage our points--Alternating visits at resorts.

-DC :ears:

Owning at more than one resort gives you the 11 month advantage at more than one resort. Only the points specific to that resort get the advantage. Through banking and borrowing some people alternate where they stay each trip and/or move around during one trip. At the 7 month mark, you may combine your points to stay wherever there is a reservation available.

We have 300 points at OKW. We also have 100 points at each BCV and VWL. So by banking and borrowing, we can get enough points to get the 11 month advantage at BCV and VWL if we need it. Or else we try to change the reservation at 7 months.

I like to go during the first two weeks of December - very hard time to get reservations if you don't own at those resorts - so I have 50 points at BWV and 60 points at VWL - both are enough for 5 days in a studio.

I also have 240 points at OKW!!!

The only reason we have 285 at BWV and 50 at BCV is that when we wanted to add on the at the BWV, it was sold out. We've since added on after they "found" more points. We've been intending to sell the 50 points at BCV but we keep using them!!!! Goes to show you, you can never have enough points!

The biggest problem about owning at more than one resort and tracking them correctly. It's a little trickey.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter