• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Quick Pop Question

KMLOVESWDW

DIS VETERAN
Have stayed at All Stars many times, WL & most recently POR. We like the fact that there are areas throughout the resort that we can sit & relax at besides our room....bench areas, tables with umbrellas-stuff like that. We are considering POP for our next trip & were wondering if there are any quiet areas to sit & relax at-something maybe away from the crowds at the pool. After a long day at the parks, I like to find a little get away to relax. Thanks for the info.

I know you said away from the pools but both the 50's pool and the 80's pool are not as busy and a little quieter.

yes, there are benches facing the lake along that pathway.

now be carefully - the big area with a bunch of benches is for smoking - it is right before the bridge.

but other benches are great!

It is very quiet and nice around the lake....Quick question for you....Since you have stayed at the values and moderates and WL, do you think it is worth the extra $$ just to be closer to the park ? Do you save a lot of time compared to relying just on bus transportation at the value/mods?
(I have stayed at POP and I am trying to decide where to stay in November)
thanks...::confused:

The only big time saver as I see it would be to stay at a monorail resort or an epcot resort when you can walk. The boat service is really nice, but I wouldn't say it's the fastest way. We rent a car so the bus service isn't a factor although sometimes we take it. For me, the $$ difference between the mods & values, or deluxes & values, is the type of vaca I want. If I want a vaca with extras-boats, bikes, maybe a better room, than that's where the money goes. I mean the difference between say All stars & POR can't even compare. Where the All stars are fun & more 'disney', POR had beautiful landscaping & river, nice quiet areas to sit & unwind, extra activities-it felt like a seperate vacation within Disney. Hope that helps you out.:)

my opinion (and I have stayed at most of the wdw resorts) Pop followed by all star Movie has the best transportation.

it is only bus - but the bus come pretty quickly and more important OFTEN.

the deluxe resort can and do share a bus.

Pop doesn't.

the other resorts that don't share a resort - CSR, CBR, PO, OKW, SSR - all have multiple stops. Pop has one.

yes the lines can be long - it has 2,880 rooms - the biggest on property. but the bus system is pretty quick.

when you get out and see everyone else waiting for the bus - don't get discouraged - the buses will come!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter