• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quick opinions.. booking tomorrow..Pop or Sports

ann marie27

Earning My Ears
Planning to book tomorrow eve. Free dining YAY!

My kids love sports (lacrosse especially which isnt represented) Pop is more appealing to me.

Will Pop be to childish for 12 year olds?

I think I read somewhere that Pop has its own buses but I also read that Sports is the 1st drop off and pick up. Is that correct?

Also heard food at Pop is better.

Love to hear any opinions. Thanks!

I've stayed at both and the resorts are pretty equal, IMO. I will say that we had excellent bus service at Sports - yes, it is the first stop, but we never went to another resort to pick up, even when we were the only people on the bus! At Pop, we had decent bus service, but it seemed like there were a lot more people waiting there.

I only ate breakfast at Sports, but ate dinner at Pop a couple of times and it was pretty good. The food court at Pop is much larger and MUCH busier - it was an absolute zoo in the mornings.

The rooms at Pop are more recently refurbished than Sports's rooms, and the rooms at Pop have privacy curtains between the lavatory area and the main part of the room, while they do not at Sports.

We had a super nice quiet room at Sports on the back of the resort facing a wooded area. Our first time at Pop we were on the main drag near the main building and it was quite loud all the time. I would not book preferred at Pop again. The second time we were at Pop our room was further from the main building and a lot quieter.

I guess I'm not much help! I would stay at either one again!

We prefer Pop over the All Stars. Our trip a few months ago we stayed at Pop, again, and my kids still prefer it over most of the other ones we've stayed at.
We usually rent a car but have used the buses. It's honestly hit or miss. We've had good and bad experiences at both places when we use the buses. Food courts were great at both places, although Pop seems to have a bigger variety.

We stayed at Pop 3 years ago and loved it. My kids were 15 and 10 at the time. I wish you an awesome time:cool1:

IMO Pop is much nicer, better food court and better bus service. Have stayed at all the values and enjoy POP the most.

It might totally depend on your dates. The last I checked the only value resort they were offering with free dining with one of the All Stars. I wanted to book the POP for the last week in September, but it was unavailable! Good luck!

My kids are 9 and 11 and we LOVE POP. Yes, they have their own buses and we've rarely had to wait more than 10 minutes for a bus and we love their food court. The kids begged to go back to POP this year. Our 3rd time there.

Haven't stayed at Sports but have family members who have and didn't care for it.

I'm sure either will be magical though.

I see in your signature that you have stayed at ASMo already. The AllStar resorts are pretty much cookie-cutter copies of each other with different over-sized statues placed around the resort. If you liked the layout and the various features of the resort, you will like ASSp. :thumbsup2

If you're looking for something a little bit different this time, go for Pop. It seems that Pop has a bigger fan base on the resorts board than any of the AllStars. I haven't stayed there. My daughter did. She liked it but didn't love it. I raised a resort snob. :snooty:

We have stayed at POP 3 times and it is the most appealing of all the values to us:goodvibes We love the atmosphere of POP and the food offerings are great too :thumbsup2

If I have to choose between the two and price was the same, I'd go with Pop. We love the size of the resort, the food is decent, and we like the bus service.

I have stayed at both resorts twice. I like POP better because of the outside decor. Bus waits and dining at the food courts were about the same. DD8 said she liked POP better because of the outside decorations and the pools.

Thank you all POP seems like the way to go. Too bad I booked the Sports:(
I asked about switching...hoping I can but either way GREAT!

I really can't believe I booked!

We have stayed at Music, Sports and we are trying Pop this June. I honestly LOVED Sports. Great little resort, very well layed out, you don't need a preferred room, food was good and pools were never crowded. We usually didn't have issues with the buses and during the summer, they don't share on the way TO the parks in the morning. We are Value folks through and through. All we do is sleep and shower there and all of these resorts seem to fit these needs. We are excited to try Pop this time though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter