Quick!~Lot Parking?- Heading to DLR in the morning

happiestever

Earning My Ears
I was feeling brave and decided I would make a day trip tomorrow with my three kids by myself :scared1: before school and work begins again for all of us.
I have never had to park anywhere other than at the hotel- so please direct me to the easiest way for me to get from the lot and then to DLR. I have a huge double jogger and three young kids of course, so I would appreciate any advice. I will be coming from San Diego via I-5 Northbound. I have tried searching but I am getting even more confused. Someone please just point the way to me in plain english.

I was thinking of booking a room just so I wouldn't have to deal with the long walk and looking for a good spot for my minivan :laughing: But I need to get back for an appt in the early afternoon so I didn't want to waste my money.

Any help would be great!

Your best bet will be the Toy Story Lot. From the 5 North, take the Disney Way/Katella exit and stay in the left-hand lanes. This will turn into Disney Way, which will intersect with Harbor Blvd. Turn left on Harbor Blvd. and continue down past Katella. The Toy Story Lot will be on the left hand side and there will be at least one sign directing you there.

5 North exit 109 at Disney Way/Katella
Bear left onto Disney Way
Turn left on Harbor Blvd.
Turn left into Toy Story Parking Lot.:thumbsup2

Oops, forgot to add that Toy Story is a surface lot. The parking attendants will wave you into a spot and then you will walk back toward the entrance to board a bus, which will take you to the Esplanade directly. You can't miss it. You will have to fold the stroller for the bus. I have found that people are more than willing to give me a hand when I'm juggling stroller+DS--just ask! :goodvibes

My stroller is huge so I was worried about that. Normally I go without a stroller when I hit SeaWorld or the Zoo, but I want this for naps. Sigh.

My stroller is huge so I was worried about that. Normally I go without a stroller when I hit SeaWorld or the Zoo, but I want this for naps. Sigh.

Seriously, one time DS was having a complete meltdown getting into the bus and a dad behind me just folded up my whole stroller and carried it on for me! Don't be shy--just say, "Can you give me a hand with this?" The cast members will help you too. You'll be just fine :goodvibes. Have a great time!

:P: Just the thought of waiting with a gigantic stroller and three kids is quite daunting. It's funny that something as insignificant as a stroller is one of the things holding me back.

Thanks for the goodvibes

Yeah- I think I may just walk. Great idea. Save myself and everyone else the headache. Although I am seriously considering the need for one at all- what with having to get them in an out every 10 minutes, it just seems like a huge waste- except that little people get tired so quickly.

Everyone is super nice about the giant triple stroller I take even when we parked at the Toy Story lot.

Have fun! I'm heading there with my trio on Thursday.

Yeah- I think I may just walk. Great idea. Save myself and everyone else the headache. Although I am seriously considering the need for one at all- what with having to get them in an out every 10 minutes, it just seems like a huge waste- except that little people get tired so quickly.

Dont' walk, it going to take 15-20 minutes. 5-10 when on the buses.

The buses are not bad loading the stroller and much easier than on the trams from the M&F garage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter