Quick List of Refurbishments for 2014 and the future

scrapbunny

Mouseketeer
This might be already bookmarked on everyone else's web browser but with all the changes the last few days in refurbs I thought others might like a direct link to the DIS refurb list that I believe Tom AKA ImTooExcitedToSleep from DIS maintains that was shared on the other refurb thread and I missed at first
DIS DISNEYLAND Refurb list
http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/plan.htm#rehab

There seem to be some differences in this list and the disneyland map tonight but this still looks to be a pretty complete list that is regularly updated that I bet is a lot more trustworthy than much of the other info out there :)

Here are the things different than the DIS list according to the Disneyland map/Disneyland calendar tonight, 1/27/14

Space Mountain dates : May 12, 2014 - June 26, 2014

Aladdin comes back up but is closed March 1st and 2nd according to the calendar I think because of the cheer group that performs that weekend

Indiana Jones is not listed on the DIS list but on the map the dates of refurb are March 17, 2014 - May 8, 2014

Also currently closed according to blogs and posts but not on the list are the Tiki Bar and Club 33

I would love any DIS insider info on when the new Tiki Bar will be open and if the other info from the Disneyland site is current but also will be happy spending time in the parks with my family no matter what and hope everyone else is able to do the same :) Safe travels to all

Aladdin comes back up but is closed March 1st and 2nd according to the calendar I think because of the cheer group that performs all

Correct, cheer comp both Sat. And Sun. in the Hyperion, but Alladin was on calendar M-F that week. Hollywood backlot area will be pretty full with cheerleaders, in the past they had to set up an alternate viewing area via TV due to large number of participants and spectators.

I just checked the calendar for our dates up through to March 9th and Space and Indy are no longer listed under Refurbishments - but they were as of yesterday so no wonder the DIS refurb list is not in sync with the DL map as it's changing all the time....

It's nice to see that page revised, but I'm afraid you're giving it too much significance. As for "up to date", it was behind on the scheduled opening of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. (Unofficially and officially, the push into March was known earlier on this board - first anywhere on the internet -in another thread.)

The DIS list can't be any more reliable that what Disney puts out to the public, and there's the issue. There are four places where Disney regularly lists refurbishments and dates. If all four agree at one time, the end is near. :rotfl:

Generally, the official Disney source most recently revised ought to be the one closest to [predicted] reality.

I find it hard to believe that Space would be closed that far into the summer.

The DIS list can't be any more reliable that what Disney puts out to the public, and there's the issue. There are four places where Disney regularly lists refurbishments and dates. If all four agree at one time, the end is near. :rotfl:

Exactly.

At this point, there's no way I can keep up with all four sources. I'm sticking with my two original sources. I love ya'll, but I won't be spending my days scrolling through the map or checking the calendar day by day. :rotfl2:

We're at the mercy of Disney information services. Ugh.

All I am going on is the actual schedule Disney has which is only 6 weeks out - all the maps and reports and rumours mean nothing - the list of refurbishments spelled out on their actual calendar is all I trust, and even that can change.

The list shifts so often. BTMRR is a gamble these daze....

We are booked for March 5-8. We'll just wait and see what is closed when we arrive. There are so many things to do between both parks and DTD. It's nice when rides we enjoy are up and running.

I'm not about to let the refurbish list set the tone of my trip. Or Pre-trip for that matter.

Geemo

The list shifts so often. BTMRR is a gamble these daze....

We are booked for March 5-8. We'll just wait and see what is closed when we arrive. There are so many things to do between both parks and DTD. It's nice when rides we enjoy are up and running.

I'm not about to let the refurbish list set the tone of my trip. Or Pre-trip for that matter.

Geemo

A great perspective!
I admit, I have been getting pretty down and frustrated with the constant changes and wondering of what will be down during our trip. Now I have switched gears to remind myself of the good things we WILL be able to do on our trip. Besides, we are going with our 2 year old and 8 month old and they would probably be pleased simply seeing there favorite characters and watching the parades and shows :)

A great perspective!
I admit, I have been getting pretty down and frustrated with the constant changes and wondering of what will be down during our trip. Now I have switched gears to remind myself of the good things we WILL be able to do on our trip. Besides, we are going with our 2 year old and 8 month old and they would probably be pleased simply seeing there favorite characters and watching the parades and shows :)

I'm with you guys. I was bummed that BTMRR would be down when its our kids' fav, but they've also never ridden Matterhorn having only been to WDW, so now they'll get to do that, and I'll be they love it. Plus all of the other unique DLR experiences - I'm not letting it get me down!! Can't Wait!!!

I thought it was off the list too. Now I need to change my post again. Lol :faint:

Indy still listed for refurb on attractions map. I agree that the 6 week calendar is the best source and for anything over 6 weeks out, I look to the attractions map.

sleepymouse said:
Indy still listed for refurb on attractions map. I agree that the 6 week calendar is the best source and for anything over 6 weeks out, I look to the attractions map.

Thank you. Good to know.Maybe that will cut down on the confusion.

This is good advice and what I'm following for our upcoming trip. Things have been changing too much to rely on third party sites or message board posts containing a list.

The main reason I wanted to share the DIS refurb link is that it is a fast way to see refurbs that are going on/are planned instead of clicking through the map or daily schedule.I am sure it is not always right AND plans ALWAYS can/do change so even the Disney site is not always "right". I agree with the many others that we shouldn't let refurbs stress us out and we need to remember things are always changing BUT I also like to know if things are planned to be down as it does help me in planning. Again I hope everyone has safe travels, wonderful trips and that hopefully this post can be a help or ignored and not cause stress :) :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter