Quick Hoop-De-Doo Question

njmomtoone

Mouseketeer
My SIL tried making a reservaiton for 8/18 (180 days out today) and was told she couldn't and had to call back. She coudl make reservations for other restuarants for her stay. Does that seem right?

It may be because, as others have reported and just a rumour mind you, that HDDR is scheduled to go under a refurbishment starting Aug 5 to Dec. Like I said, nothing is confirmed with that.

We had that problem last year, too. The CM gave us a date to call back, it was only about 2 months out. They were experimenting with changing the times last year.

I'm also tried to book HDDR for that date, and was told it would be closed for refurb. Kinda bummed, because it is my first trip and I was told it's a great experience.

Just got off the phone with someone who looked up information. They said rehab is 8/5 - 12/31. :sad1: because I am bringing family for the first time in December and that is one thing I def. wanted!

That is a bummer. But, at least it's a money saver for me since I am going OOP this time.

I think I will make my husband tell my son the bad news. He loves the corny jokes and hee haw humor.

Just got off the phone with someone who looked up information. They said rehab is 8/5 - 12/31. :sad1: because I am bringing family for the first time in December and that is one thing I def. wanted!

They should be upfront and tell people that rathern than tell them to call back.

this is hugely disappointing. We will be at WDW in October. It's our 4th trip and we are/were so excited to finally be doing HDDR. :sad1:

This is annoying if true. Especially considering I have been calling for 3 days for our August trip, and being told to call back the next day as the dinner shows are not "loaded in the system yet". How would they not know it is going down for refurb?

Ah well, heading to make a rezzie somewhere else for that day!

I've seen a couple of posters complaining that they were just told to call back and wondering why they weren't told about the refurb in the first place.

You really need to cut the CMs a bit of slack. They aren't always told the reason for lack of availability on the 180 day at first. And HDDR has historically been late to load into the system. So when the CM made this comment they were going with what they knew to be a frequent cause.

The refurb was just a rumour at first and was only confirmed a couple of days ago. Now you know, so you can move on with your ADRs. No harm, no foul.

Oh boo! I was hoping to book that for Thanksgiving day for our upcoming trip! Oh well… Not like I'm anywhere close booking…

I've seen a couple of posters complaining that they were just told to call back and wondering why they weren't told about the refurb in the first place.

You really need to cut the CMs a bit of slack. They aren't always told the reason for lack of availability on the 180 day at first. And HDDR has historically been late to load into the system. So when the CM made this comment they were going with what they knew to be a frequent cause.

The refurb was just a rumour at first and was only confirmed a couple of days ago. Now you know, so you can move on with your ADRs. No harm, no foul.

So has this has been officially confirmed now? I haven't been able to find it listed anywhere else. Not doubting the poster who mentioned a CM giving them the info on the phone, but we all know the CM's aren't necessarily completely accurate with their info much of the time.

I have seen no official announcement from Disney. But have seen reports from multiple Disers who have been told the same thing by Disney Dining CMs. So it appears more and more likely that this is more than just a rumour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter