Quick Half Day trip report - Pics of new Simpsons area

amityisland

Mouseketeer
Hi, my sister and I are both WDW and Universal passholders, so yesterday we took a drive down from Tampa to check out Transfromers and the Simpsons "fast food Boulevard".

Got in the park right at 9. We went straight to the Transformers ride, managing to walk around the whole building before finding the entrance:sad2: We are directional challenged I guess lol.

We did not have express passes. The wait time said 20 minutes, but it felt a lot shorter than that. We've never seen the movies, but the que area gives you a pretty good idea of the story for the ride. The ride was good. It was very similar to the feel of the Spiderman ride. If you're a big Transformers fan, I'm sure you'll really like the ride. As someone whose not a huge fan, I still liked the ride and thought it was well done, but it wouldn't be a priority for me to do if the line was huge.

We also really wanted to check out the new Simpsons additions. I love the Simpsons and was excited to see Moe's Tavern and the other food shops.
We were told the food areas would not open until 10:30 am so we rode the Simpsons (no wait) and Men in Black (a short wait) and then went back to take some pictures!

From the top of the Simpsons ride ramp, you can see the new Kang and Kodos ride...looks like its coming along well.

The phone outside of the Kwik-E-Mart now rings randomly. I got a message from Ralph:woohoo:

Time to go into Moe's and try a Flaming Moe. It was $17.50 for two of them. The drink tastes like Orange Soda, not as good as butterbeer but ok. And of course we kept the glasses:)

Moe's Tavern, Krusty Burger and the rest are all connected. Inside there is a food court type area with kiosks for each restaurant, then a checkout area...kinda like the food court in Disney resorts. Moe's and Krusty's then have large, inside seating areas. Moe's TV play clips of moments from Moe's in the Simpsons show and my sister observed that Krusty's plays Simpsons clips related to food.

We weren't too hungry yet, so we decided we would try the food another day (kinda interested in trying the Chicken N' Waffle sandwich) and headed over to Downtown Disney and ate later at Wolfgang Puck's before heading home.

Hope you liked the Simpson pictures...I liked all of the little show touches:)

Great pictures! Thanks so much for sharing! :goodvibes

Did you happen to notice a dining plan symbol on the menus? None of the Simpsons area food is listed on the DP PDF but I was hoping that's because it was created before the restaurants actually opened...

Great pictures! Thanks so much for sharing! :goodvibes

Did you happen to notice a dining plan symbol on the menus? None of the Simpsons area food is listed on the DP PDF but I was hoping that's because it was created before the restaurants actually opened...

Thanks! Sorry, I didn't notice about the dining plan. The Orlando Informer website had some details.
It doesn't look like the counter service places from the Simpsons are on the plan...just snacks like the Slushee, popcorn, hot dog and ICEE cart.

I kind of figured that but was hopeful. Thanks!

And I really enjoyed the pics... I hadn't really been all that excited about this but now that I see these I know my family is going to love just walking through here! :yay:

i'm thrilled you shared all those pictures......!!

i just love the Simpsons

Wow............Thank you for the all those pics..........

It really does look good :thumbsup2

Thank you SO much for posting these! The pictures delighted me...the theming looks great. Lard Lad donuts! Alkie's Choice Whiskey!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter