Quick Dinning Help

Disneydreamer5

DIS Veteran
I am looking at the summer discount offer right now and I am considering adding the Quick Service Dinning to whatever package we choose.
Last trip we were on DDP and although it was nice there are a lot of changs that have been made since then, tips no longer included, no where to get lobster, ect. Another thing that I did not like about the DDP was that we were so scheduled. Not that we won't be this time as I am a scheduling freak or so I am told, you need a schedule but I couldn't stand when we would be somewhere & would have to drop whatever we were doing to make ADR's so I swore never again. Quick Service is a lot more relaxed but the food choices aren't as lovely as the regular DDP.
I am just wondering if there is a way I could not get QSD and spend less then $1260.00 for a family of 7 in 6 nights.:confused3
So to quick service or not, that is the question. Money is tight so whichever would be cheaper that is the way I will go.

It looks like all of your children are considered adults.

Will you have a fridge? If so, you could easily save money by either packing some food, ordering from an offsite grocery store and even buying a larger jug of milk for cereal at the food court. Even ordering fruit and some snack items should save $.

How much food do the kids eat? Can they share some of the larger adult CS meals?

Pack some items that travel well-granola bars, oatmeal pkgs. (hot water in Food Court).

I would maybe plan on one or two TS meals and then do some CS meals and also food in the room or packed for the park.

If I were you, I'd take a look at the menus and get an idea of what you kids will want to eat. The advantage to doing the QSDP is that it's prepaid and you don't have to worry about saying no to a snack or one of the more pricier QS meals-ribs & chicken. We are doing QS this time because of the flexibility, our kids are young and don't do later dinner ADR's well so this works for us. You'll also get the mugs on QSDP so drinks at your resort are paid for which could add up if your teens drink alot!

I would go with the plan. To me, $30.00 per day for 2 meals and 2 snacks, plus your refillable mug (which will cover unlimited drinks at your resort) is worth it.

The snack credits can be used at get things like muffins, cinnamon rolls, bagels in the AM for breakfast.

We are going in August and using the plan. I don't know about your children but mine love to eat and knowing they will have plenty of food, without my having to worry about the budget, is good to know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter