• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quick & Casual Vouchers

LisaRex

Mouseketeer
Used my Quick & Casual vouchers last week. Thanks for all those who advised us to go to Beaches & Cream! I showed the waitress the vouchers and she said we could order anything off the menu except alcohol. I was able to get a cesaer salad with chicken, a cup of very good chicken noodle soup, a drink (I could have ordered a milk shake that listed for $4 but wanted to save room for dessert), ended up NOT having room for dessert so she packed us all up 2 pieces of delicous chocolate cake and 2 brownies to go (sans ice cream, of course). My husband ordered a sandwich and fries and a beer and my kids had hot dogs, french fries, and milk shakes (!). When we were ready to get our bill (because we had ordered alcohol) she asked for the vouchers and said, "Great! You're all set!" (My catholic guilt wouldn't let me cheat, though and we ended up leaving her a $10 tip even though tip was technically included).

Well worth the $10.50!

At another restaurant we used them at (Seasons or Sunshine Food Fair?? at Epcot) we saved a bit of money but only because we ordered the dessert that was included. WE wouldn't have normally ordered dessert so really it was a draw. But it was nice having it pre-paid.

All in all, if you do your homework and check the menus in advance you can save a bit of money.

BTW, I highly recommend B&C. The milkshakes were worth the trip. (Okay, okay, I snuck some from my children. I didn't want them to ruin their dinner!)

Thanks for posting this. I'm still debating if I'm going to order any vouchers so it's nice to hear about other people's experiences.

Do a search on 'Connections" or "Hulabird" and you will get all the info you need.

I probably wouldn't go out of my way in the afternoon to go to Beaches & Cream, but maybe dinner after the park...:pinkbounc

Are the character meals worth those vouchers?

I got four breakfast features (2 adult; 2 child), which include restaurants that offer character meals, with every intention of using them at Cinderella's -- which would have been a good deal. Ended up NOT going to MK that day, though and instead used them at Animal Kingdom. The only restaurant there that offered a character breakfast was Restaurantasaurus. I had the dilemma of using the vouchers at Restaurantasaurus anyway, even though the buffet was significantly less than what I paid for the vouchers ($16 for adults and $10 for kids), or keeping them and trying to sell them to someone who wanted to go to Cinderella's. I ended up using them but lost out on them pretty significantly.

Personally, if I did it again I'd not order the breakfast OR the lunch vouchers unless I was absolutely sure we'd be going to a restaurant where I wouldn't lose money.

Are these still on backorder, or has everyone gotten theirs now? I didn't want to join and not get them before we leave! Thanks.

I am confused by your saying that Donald's Restaurantasaurus (I am sure I am spelling that wrong!) was considerably less than what you paid for the vouchers and that Cinderella's for breakfast would have been a better deal.

According to Deb's site both of those breakfasts are the same price 15.95 for adults and 8.95 for children. Adding in tax and tip in my opinion there is not a huge savings but there is a small savings (the very same amount) at both restaurants.

Am I missing something?

Liz

If those are the correct prices then the certificates are worth it, because they include tax & tix (someone said 20% for the breakfast & lunch sit down meal certs). I'm not sure what the prices are, but I would trust Deb's site!

Had no problems with the Quick and Casual Lunch/Dinner vouchers, we used them
at Beaches n Cream, The CBR food court (Bridgetown Broiler) and the Cantina de San Angel
and saved money and had excellent food.

Hulabird

AUG/SEP 2001
carib01a.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter