• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

QUICK,CALLING TODAY!Best rooms at POR(mansions)for main pool and foodcourt?

hallesrymat

Earning My Ears
Hello! We're leaving on Friday and I'd like to call and make a room request(yes,I know it's no guarantee). I think we'd like to try the mansions and we'd like a building that is relatively close to the main pool and to the foodcourt. Which ones would you recommend? We are not smokers if that matters. We will have two 2 YOs and a 4 YO so we'd prefer not to have a loooong walk to everything. Thanks in advance!

We stayed in Oak Manor. It was a 5 minute walk to the main building. We had a quite pool right around the corner from our room. We never used the main pool because we were there for a short trip. You may want to check out Magnolia Terrace, it is a lot closer to the main pool then Oak Manor. We are leaving on Monday with our (2) two year olds and 6 year old. This time I want to try the AB section so I put in a request for building 14 or 18, non-smoking room on the first floor. I figured since we will be using a double stroller, it will be easier to wheel right in, instead of bringing the kids up to the room then going back down to get the stroller.

Have fun!

We always request (and have been able to get) Magnolia Terrace. It’s closest to the bridge that connects to Ole Man Island that has the main pool. You then cross another bridge to get over to the main bldg. I think Partierre Place is closest to the main bldg, but further away from the main pool. The other 2 buildings are in between them. Keep in mind that the buildings themselves are so big that where you’re at in the building will make a big difference. The first time we went there we had our luggage and grabbed armloads and headed for our room, not knowing exactly where it was. The signs can be deceiving as it felt like we encircled almost the entire building before we got to our room. :moped: I never have kept track of specific room numbers – I always just request something facing away from the parking lot (as most rooms are) and top floor to minimize noise. Also note that some areas of the buildings are 2 stories and some areas are 3. I made the mistake once of requesting the 2nd story thinking that we’d be on the top floor but instead ended up right in the middle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter