Quick breakfast suggestions - not in the parks

Alixandria

Earning My Ears
We don't want to waste time in the parks eating breakfast, so want to eat in Downtown Disney or nearby before we go in (we're staying at the disneyland hotel). Looks like we'll be heading into the parks each day at 9 am for magic morning (in September).

Any suggestions for a quick bite to eat before we go in?

My family's favorite is Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen Express. They have the YUMMIEST beignets! My husband and I really like their chicory coffee as well. Service has always been fast for us there too.

La Brea serves a yummy breakfast too, but it is a sit down restaurant, so not as fast as you are looking for.

You could always grab something at the Starbucks in DTD.

Last edited:
The beignets are definitely good. Pretty rich for the morning, but I'd eat them anytime.

There's also a McDs across the street. You can grab a quick breakfast sandwich and eat it on the run if you need to.

The beignets are definitely good. Pretty rich for the morning, but I'd eat them anytime.

There's also a McDs across the street. You can grab a quick breakfast sandwich and eat it on the run if you need to.
In your experience has the McDonald's been pretty quick to get in and out of in the morning? Thanks!

Love the breakfast burrito at Jazz kitchen! So yummy!!! There are quite a few options in DTD...Rainforest Cafe, Jamba Juice, earl of Sandwich, Jazz Kitchen, La Brea Bakery, Starbucks

There's the Tangora Terrace (sp?) at the DLH, they have stuff there that you can grab and take with you. They also have a little coffee place there, but I'm not sure what kind of food they have. We always do Starbucks inside of the parks. We like their bfst sandwiches.

In your experience has the McDonald's been pretty quick to get in and out of in the morning? Thanks!

What to think of as quick? I was there last month, one person was ahead of me, I ordered and had my food in a minute or two. As fast food goes, it was pretty normal. The dining areas were pretty crowded. Don't know if I missed a rush or not. But I can't imagine it taking more than 5 minutes to order and get your food.

We enjoy Tangora Terrace at the disneyland hotel. It's quick and we've always enjoyed the food! We've also stopped by McDonald's when we stayed on Harbor for an oatmeal and coffee. That McDonald's can get pretty packed though from our experience but still relatively fast.

There's also an IHOP and Denny's across the street. Obviously a bit lower-rent, but with kids I always like Denny's. Reasonably fast, surprisingly good coffee, and the portions are huge. The servers are awesome about filling a coffee to-go cup as well. Because of large portions, we always packed out a pancake or toast to give to the kids as a snack if they got munchy before lunch. They're pretty good about doing egg white omelettes and other lower calorie options.

We stayed at the DLH and got breakfast at the Coffee House at the hotel before heading to the parks. They had a pretty good selection of breakfast foods and it cost us less that $30 each morning for our family of 5.

I was going to say McDonalds, but last time we were there in the morning, it was a mess. No one knew where to stand in line and even the workers seemed lost. Definitely not a quick meal.

If you're staying at DLH, there used to be a little coffee shop. It sells bagels, coffee, etc. and is located right next to Goofy's Kitchen. We found it was easiest. Jamba Juice in DTD is also a quick way to grab some oatmeal or a smoothie.

Another option could be grocery delivery, I believe Vons does it. I think the hotels have little fridges, so you could always order some yogurt, fruit, milk, etc and just eat in the room.

My family's favorite is Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen Express. They have the YUMMIEST beignets! My husband and I really like their chicory coffee as well. Service has always been fast for us there too.

La Brea serves a yummy breakfast too, but it is a sit down restaurant, so not as fast as you are looking for.

You could always grab something at the Starbucks in DTD.

Another vote for Jazz Kitchen Express. That's where we go if we want to eat before park opening.

Jazz Kitchen and La Brea Bakery both have "express" options in addition to table service.

Tangaroa Terrace at the DLH has quick and interesting breakfast options.

White Water Snacks in the Grand Californian Hotel (which is a quick turn off of Downtown Disney) is a popular quick service option.

Does anyone know how early these places start opening. During the time we'll be staying EMH start at 7am and I'm not sure if anything will be open before that.

I think that early only Starbucks is open. Most places open at 8 during the busy season. Starbucks opens at 6.

We love the Jazz Kitchen Express (get the french toast beignets!!!) and Jamba Juice. DH gets the Jamba oatmeal while the boys and I get smoothies and share an order of french toast beignets. We eat in line waiting for the gates to open. Everyone is happy and full and it costs us around $25.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter