• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Queues in early oct!

EmmaDRPFan

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone has been to DR in early Oct (we are heading on the first til the 5th) can advise me on the queues? Will they be very long?

Also, can anyone recc a place to eat for a third b-day party, somewhere reasonable and special for ds - possiblt getting cake and being sung to? Am I asking too much??

Thanks a mil!

Oh, also, are there parades and firworks ever night or only at certain times? (Christmas etc?)

Hiya,

My sister took her family to DLP at the very end of September last year, they had only 2 full days in the parks, and they did everything, plus their faves twice over. They said they walked onto almost everything with no more than a 10-minute wait. The only thing they saw queues for was the meet n greets with the Princesses at the stage in front of the castle. My niece wanted some photos, so they did queue for about an hour, and got 2 princesses.

I think I might have mentioned to you before, the character tea party at the Plaza Gardens have birthdays - you pay normal price for the rest of your party, and birthday price for your birthday boy. He gets a cake, a Disney pressie, and when the cakes come out, they play the birthday song. There are also loads of characters around, to help the celebrations! Cafe Mickey do the same sort of thing, but with lunch or dinner.

There are no fireworks when you (and me) are there in early October. There is the main parade at 4pm, then Candleabration just as the main park closes each night. There is also the Character Express on Main st during the day. In the studios, there is the parade at 1.30 (I love the Studio parade) and High School Musical on Tour also.

Elaine

you can oder birthday cakes and have a character birthday tea. i cant remember the exact details at the moment tho! lol. maybe you could PM and i'll get back to you :)
D.

Hiya,

My sister took her family to DLP at the very end of September last year, they had only 2 full days in the parks, and they did everything, plus their faves twice over. They said they walked onto almost everything with no more than a 10-minute wait. The only thing they saw queues for was the meet n greets with the Princesses at the stage in front of the castle. My niece wanted some photos, so they did queue for about an hour, and got 2 princesses.

I think I might have mentioned to you before, the character tea party at the Plaza Gardens have birthdays - you pay normal price for the rest of your party, and birthday price for your birthday boy. He gets a cake, a Disney pressie, and when the cakes come out, they play the birthday song. There are also loads of characters around, to help the celebrations! Cafe Mickey do the same sort of thing, but with lunch or dinner.

There are no fireworks when you (and me) are there in early October. There is the main parade at 4pm, then Candleabration just as the main park closes each night. There is also the Character Express on Main st during the day. In the studios, there is the parade at 1.30 (I love the Studio parade) and High School Musical on Tour also.

Elaine

Thanks you for both replies - I have only just saw the other one. Sorry about that.

Theres alot going on then when we are there!

Such a shame that "Its a small world" is closed when we are there, Im sure the kids would have loved it!

I will look into that at the Plaza Gardens, I thought it was a great idea bringing him away for his birthday but now Im thinking that he might feel abit "cheated" that he doesnt see the whole family..hopefully he will love it.

Once again - thanks for the replies ladies - you lot know everything!:goodvibes

sorry - i realised after i wrote my reply that the person above had already said... lol.
D.

First week of October 2004 it was very quiet in the parks, so much so that I did miss the crowds a little bit, all rides were minimum wait or walk on, the only downside to the quiet periods is that some restaurants tend to be closed too, making it a little more difficult to plan your meals. Would definately recommend the Plaza gardens Birthday party for a 3rd birthday at a reasonable cost that meets all the criteria you mentioned. :goodvibes

we're also going early october, and while i dont think it will be hugely busy, I think it might be a little bit busier than last year due to the 15th anniversary, but i think you guys are going through the week so it should be quieter than at weekends :D

I'm gonig then and glad about lack of queues as I went in May and it was mad!
One thing I was wondering- what is closed first week of October? I'm out there 3-8th? Unfortuantely my computer wont access DisneylandParis official website so I don't know!

Hi! I am going to be there in the first week of October as well! I am making use of Germany's national holiday on 3 October, but I think this does not really add to the crowds that much.

OOOoooh I didn;t know that only the birthday child had to pay the birthday price at Plaza Gardens - I assumed it was the full group!

Do you pay when you prebook it?

:) Sadie

This link gives you the scheduled closures for October -
http://www.dlrpmagic.com/guides/practical/scheduledclosures/

It looks like Its a Small World and Indiana Jones are the only things sheduled for closure while you (and me) are there.

Hmm that gives different information to the disneylandparis.co.uk website - it only says about Indiana Jones on the DLP website.

Does anyone know which is more accurate for closures? Would be such a shame if the chlidren missed out on its a small world as I think DD would really like it!

Anyone know?

Oh, also, are there parades and firworks ever night or only at certain times? (Christmas etc?)

No mention of fireworks on the DLP website but its got the following info for the parades & shows:

Animagique
Hours: 10:45, 11:45, 15:00, 16:00, 16:50

Candleabration
Hours: 19:00

Ciné Folies
Hours: 10:30, 11:30, 12:30, 14:45, 15:45

Cinemagique
Hours: 10:45, 11:30, 12:15, 13:00, 15:45, 16:30, 17:15

Disney Cinema Parade
Hours: 13:30

High School Musical on Tour
Hours: 11:45, 14:15, 15:15, 16:45

Moteurs Action Stunt Show Spectacular
Hours: 12:20, 15:45

Once Upon A Dream Parade
Hours: 16:00

We'll be there around the same time as you as its my DSs birthday on the 5th (we're there 3rd - 7th :D)

No mention of fireworks on the DLP website Sadie

Unfortunately DLRP doesn't have fireworks as a regular thing except during the summer season and then odd dates, Halloween Party, Bonfire Spectacular, New Year's Eve etc.
Don't worry we didn't get to catch any fireworks until our trip last March, but it didn't impair our holidays or enjoyment at all. :)

Sadie I'll be devastated if Its a Small World is closed, but I've already told DD it might be.

We paid when we booked our tea party, but we booked at the Plaza Gardens itself, in the morning, then went back that same afternoon for the tea party. If you book using the Disney reservations phone number, you will be able to pay in advance.

Elaine

I do hope that the dlp website is the accurate one - we've never taken the children before so would be a shame for them to miss out on that as it was one I knew they'd enjoy. But what will be will be I guess....

We've not told them they are going so its going to be complete suprise when they get woken up early to travel LOL!

I think I'm going to prebook it as I'd hate them to be too busy, it was an offer weekend and the only one on offer in October (with the 4 for 3 offer) so it could be more busy than other weekends in October...

I'm so excited myself and its amazing how hard it is to not tell them LOL!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter