Queue as the attraction?

digiMom

DIS Veteran
OK, so wasn't sure of the best way to title this... This is a weird question.. My DD is now 17. When she was younger, there were a lot of rides she didn't do because of sensory issues. Mostly what is considered the headliner rides like TOT, EE, SM, BTMR... You get the idea. Well anyway, now she's older and wants to do more than she had. She wants some of the experience without necessarily going on the ride. (She keeps saying she might do the rides, but most likely won't. We've had that happen at soarin' ) Assuming the lines aren't too long, do all of the rides have the option of a chicken exit? In all reality what will probably happen will be DH and DD will skip the rides and DS will go on with me. I just don't want to see them trapped. She also has some motility issues; are any of the chicken exits hard to get through? Or Are they pretty much the regular exits? Thanks much!

They all have chicken exits but some one else will have to answer about whether there are any mobility issues with them. I know TOT doesn't have a problem you just go past the ride loading area and then they take you down an elevator to the exit so no problems there. I'm pretty sure EE wouldn't either.

Yes, there are regular exits at most. You don't have to call them "chicken" exits, afterall some would call them "people with common sense" exits, like my wife. She gets upset when DD and myself call her chicken! I'm sure your daughter would simply enjoy the experience of being with everbody else, and rejoin the group after. No worries! ;)

There will always be a way out if she decides not to go on the attraction.
If your daughter uses a mobility device, you may have to go to a different place before leaving.
That would mostly be the attractions with stairs or moving walkways. This link to page 2 of the disABILITIES FAQs thread has information about those in post 28

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=595713&page=2

Thanks for the replies. It's kind of funny because she's the one who smiles and calls them chicken exits. She thinks it's cute :)

She's not in a wheelchair (although we might use one for her in the parks because she has low tone and fatigues quickly.) She can do moving walkways, but not escalators. I don't think DW has any if those though. She also has problems with stairs that are off, like ones that are "grated" rather than solid, or that are spiral rather than straight. She also has some trouble if it's really dark.

Specific rides she's interested in is Space Mtn, BTMR, TT, RR, EE, and Dinosaur.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter